Players/prospect in your team's organization that you will write off if they don't perform this season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Nolan Foote would have been on the bubble last season, but he spent most the year on IR. He'll probably have the inside track to a roster spot instead of being waived, but might need an injury to somebody else to get into the lineup.

Pretty much all of the Devils 2019+2020 picks (other than Arseny Gritsyuk) have either made it or have been jettisoned. Daniil Misyul is entering his second season / final year of his ELC, so this might be a sink or swim season but I don't think expectations are too high.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Josh Norris for me. It's not a talent or effort thing. We just need to see if his shoulder can hold up and return to his earlier form.

With Pinto progressing well we may need to make a decision on who is the longterm 2C.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Podkolz-wait, too late. :sarcasm:

Jokes aside, Pod was really the only "prospect" who was at the show me or bust stage for the Canucks. While I expect some regression from Hoglander, I'd be shocked if he became anything close to a write off.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not in my org anymore, but Adam Beckman was the first one that came to mind.

Ryan O'Rourke
Carson Lambos

Not quite at the point of completely writing him off, but Charlie Stramel needs to produce this season, 0.7ppg+ to consider him a potential third line guy again, but 0.5ppg+ at the very least to still think he has an NHL future.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
As everyone probably knows already, Marner. Majority of the fan base seems to have turned on him already. It's quite literally the last year, if he doesn't show anything of note in the playoffs this year I don't think management re-signs him. Would be foolish to re-sign him mid season. We all know he's going to produce at a 100 point pace in the regular season, can he stop playing a soft perimeter game in the playoffs where he is a non-factor on like 90 percent of his shifts ?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Jacob Bernard Docker - has the best opportunity to take that #6 dman role, last year he was not good so this is basically his last chance

Mads Soogard - was one of our hyped goalie prospects and has basically been blah, he has every opportunity to get the back up role for next season if he is good this year, otherwise will most likely be out of the franchise as the sens have a few goaltender prospects

Angus Crookshank- was personally pretty high on him but he hasnt been able to put it all together as of yet, he has tough competition for a spot this year but if he isnt a regular by the end of the year is probably done

Josh Norris - hopefully he has a steel shoulder now, otherwise sens may need to look at that under 26 buyout seriously

Tyler Boucher- keeps getting injured and keeps getting passed on the depth chart, if healthy i do think he can be a 4th liner in the league but he needs to show he can actually stay healthy

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Kerby, er Robert, er Lukas Reichel

No excuses anymore, he has more talent around him now and will not be expected to center the 2nd line (what a disaster that was.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad