Speculation: Player Discussion: Will Smith

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
image-28.png

Can't find the tweet. But this does match what I am seeing. Smith is trending upwards and is improving game by game. My concern is that it almost seems like his confidence is a little shot. And even if he has a monster game, he's passing to Kunin and Goodrow lol. That being said... once he hits his stride and Mack comes back, he's gonna be fun.

19 year old in the NHL is a tough ask, but as long as he isn't sinking, it's fine. (But please spread out the talent so we can have him get help too)

Reactions: karltonian

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Imo, they would have put him on IR if it were a longer term issue. I don’t think there’s enough evidence of it being a super long term issue, to warrant being this concerned about it. Anything is possible, but it doesn’t strike me as the most likely outcome.
Uhh he's been on IR since the 2nd day of the season and out before that.

CHALUPA

Oct 9, 2008
San Francisco , CA
Uhh he's been on IR since the 2nd day of the season and out before that.

If it were a longer term thing, I think he would have been right back on IR. They took him off because he’s “week to week” and trending back, just like they’ve communicated all along.

You’re making it sound like he has a career-ending injury, when he missed a couple preseason games before re-aggravating something in game 1

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
If it were a longer term thing, I think he would have been right back on IR. They took him off because he’s “week to week” and trending back, just like they’ve communicated all along.

You’re making it sound like he has a career-ending injury, when he missed a couple preseason games before re-aggravating something in game 1
The Sharks have not taken Celebrini off of IR. He is still on it.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
It's just so Sharky for the player that was too risky to draft works out fine and tears up the league while the "safe" player that was drafted doesn't even look like he belongs in the league, and our own potential superstar is apparently badly injured and could never be the same player.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
As disappointing as Mueller was, he did manage to hang around the NHL as a depth defenseman for half a decade. That's more than I can say for some 1st round picks fans were far more excited about like Goldobin and Merkley.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
As disappointing as Mueller was, he did manage to hang around the NHL as a depth defenseman for half a decade. That's more than I can say for some 1st round picks fans were far more excited about like Goldobin and Merkley.
2013 may have been our worst draft year in team history.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
2013 may have been our worst draft year in team history.
In retrospect it was just a weak draft year in general after the top two picks. Even Seth Jones hasn't really lived up to the hype. Wennberg is the 12th highest scoring player from the class.

Reactions: DG93

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
In retrospect it was just a weak draft year in general after the top two picks. Even Seth Jones hasn't really lived up to the hype. Wennberg is the 12th highest scoring player from the class.
Fair. Ironically (or not), the only round we didn't have a pick (the third), was probably the strongest round of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad