GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 11

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Got to love Gini with the Virgil celly and pointing to him in the stands. Please stay.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well, this is the first game in a while where things seem to have come easy. The team hasn’t looked like this in a while IMO.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When people get healthy look out
Even when we get healthier we are still without (in theory) our two best CB for all season. Really incredible the job Klopp and the back room staff have done.
Even with all the injuries, LFC should be top of the table with 28 points.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And welcome back Naby. Three subs for Klopp today. Getting two first teamsters back probably helped.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's somewhere in between. Their squad isn't that great, but it isn't this bad either. He's not getting the best out of anyone there, it's just mediocrity or worse.
Come on, look at the standings the last year with Emery (which was awful) with the current standings. Same roster more or less (rather less in fact).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I don’t. I never claimed Arteta is good, nor that his approach is good. All I’ve said is that he, after a while with this club made a decision to set up and play differently than the school of football he comes from. I never said I agreed with the decision, just that it’s a decision he clearly made.
Before Arteta arrives :
Players were decent, and had no trouble scoring.
After Arteta arrives :
Players look awul, and they can't score (while still losing).

Arteta before Arsenal :
nothing.

The logic is quite simple. Arteta's impact has been that the team is having worse results while being unefficient offensively. With basically the same roster as his previous fired managers.
Players DO have a track record, he doesn't.

Reactions: AB13

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Arsenal has just been getting worse with each new manager. Aubameyang and his big contract is the next Ozil if this goes on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Before Arteta arrives :
Players were decent, and had no trouble scoring.
After Arteta arrives :
Players look awul, and they can't score (while still losing).

Arteta before Arsenal :
nothing.

The logic is quite simple. Arteta's impact has been that the team is having worse results while being unefficient offensively. With basically the same roster as his previous fired managers.
Players DO have a track record, he doesn't.
Arteta at Arsenal has only been able to win if he scores first, or the other team makes unforced errors. There isn’t really an offensive plan except they had that one move to Aubameyang that teams have learned to defend against. It also hasn’t helped that Aubameyang has been a ghost since signing that new deal. He took the money and ran.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Great to have fans back, I guess that is the only positive from the weekend. Even Chelsea fans were singing the other night, when that happens you know fans have been eager to get back to watching live football .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad