GWT: PL Matchweek 32

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
TAA covering Jesus again, but it seems Matip was covering too just in case.
But another proof of what I wrote above.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Always the same thing with TAA's defending. The problem is not 1 on 1 (as I pointed out in the discussion weeks ago). The problem is his awarness of his positionning. Offside play, balls over his head, etc... He's ALWAYS lost.

He's average at best 1 on 1 defending. He's awful positionally. Normally that isn't exposed as much but when you're trying to play a high line against a very talented team it shows up a lot more.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
At least he’s not been lazy today defending. His shortcomings are what they are. But when he drags his ass it drives me nuts.

Mane has worked his socks off this half.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's average at best 1 on 1 defending. He's awful positionally. Normally that isn't exposed as much but when you're trying to play a high line against a very talented team it shows up a lot more.
Thing is, I wrote this 1 minutes before the goal :D

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City have been much better first half. LFC need major adjustments. City turning offsides trap into mincemeat. LFC treating the ball like a grenade. Would be trying to get Diaz on ASAP. Need to make City work

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Backline + Fabinho need to step up, horrendous. I suppose City are doing it quite alright aswell.

I also hate that we are trying to play EVERYTHING offside it has gone too far imo. But that has been for quite some time now

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
People focus ONLY on TAA defense awareness but always forget his offensive abilities. He is BY FAR the most important offensive player on that team. He is the driver of the offense.

I have watched him for years now. He is not bad in positioning he is a bit lazy because he constantly attack and he rarely go full speed tracking back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People focus ONLY on TAA defense awareness but always forget his offensive abilities. He is BY FAR the most important offensive player on that team.

I have watched him for years now. He is not bad in positioning he is a bit lazy because he constantly attack and he rarely go full speed tracking back.
He is absolutely terrible in terms of positionning. As shown multiple times in this game.
That doesn't change his outstanding abilities going forward. But it can be costly, as has been the case here (and his offensive has been nowhere to be found today either).

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
People focus ONLY on TAA defense awareness but always forget his offensive abilities. He is BY FAR the most important offensive player on that team.

This is simply not true and a straw man built by LFC fans who are unwilling to accept legitimate criticism of him. No one denies he is elite going forwards. Against 90% of teams his defensive shortcomings don't matter and are more than outweighed by his offensive contributions. This afternoon, against a top side, he's getting brutally exposed.

It would be like Man Utd fans trying to deny that De Gea's distribution is poor because he is a great shot stopper.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad