Pittsburgh Sports Media Gibberish - Part IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Just reading his Q&A with Mackey, it looks like Kunitz staying up there is pretty much cemented, as is Comeau and Hornqvist with Geno, meaning 19 is bumped down.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Well it looks like MJ's ultimate goal is to make the team as deep as possible in terms of scoring and playmaking. Kunitz has shown a knack of being able to be a productive 3rd wheel. So I don't see a problem with MJ trying that once everyone is back and playing.

But he has shown that he will make changes to the lines after giving them a shot together. So I don't doubt that if one of the top 2 lines struggle, he'll shake it up and move Bennett, Kunitz and Hornqvist around.

Personally I think it's good to see all these combinations at different points, because it gives the staff a chance to see how different players play with each other. The whole DB era was marked by the same lines being thrown out shift after shift, game after game, and when hard times came, lines were keep mostly the same because who knew what changing them up would do?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just reading his Q&A with Mackey, it looks like Kunitz staying up there is pretty much cemented, as is Comeau and Hornqvist with Geno, meaning 19 is bumped down.

That's how I'm reading it.

Too bad it's so unrealistic, because I'd say Perron-Sid-Horny and Comeau-Geno-Bennett would be better for Sid AND Geno AND the Pens cup aspirations than what MJ is going to do.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm excited for Kunitz being so blatantly awful and lazy that Johnston has to watch him there until they can't bear it any more, the media should also be funny if they try to defend it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm excited for Kunitz being so blatantly awful and lazy that Johnston has to watch him there until they can't bear it any more, the media should also be funny if they try to defend it.

Yeah, because that's what finally saved us from Adams. :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, because that's what finally saved us from Adams. :laugh:

At least he'll suffer with us. Johnston has been harder on Kunitz than Adams, Kunitz got demoted to the 3rd line before being given his spot back, Adams plays every game he can. The only thing is that he wasn't allowed to play through that injury. :help:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It's like Bylsma never left. Some of MJ's personnel decisions with regards to the "vets" like Kunitz, Scuderi, and Adams, are just as bad as some of the stuff Bylsma did.

Rutherford has to be the one to pull the trigger and release/waive a guy like Adams. This coach and the previous coach seem incapable of sitting the guy if he's available to dress in a game.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
People have short memories around here if they think MJ's personnel decisions are as bad as Bylsmas.

Also lets not forget that Babcock and team canada picked Kunitz for team and attached him at Crosbys hip less than a year ago. Johnston moved him off of Sid's line after 25 games or so. Even if temporary that took some balls

Last edited:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
People have short memories around here if they think MJ's personnel decisions are as bad as Bylsmas.

Also lets not forget that Babcock and team canada picked Kunitz for team and attached him at Crosbys hip less than a year ago. Johnston moved him off of Sid's line after 25 games or so. Even if temporary that took some balls

Seriously. It really is making it pretty hard to post here sometimes. Johnston may turn out to suck, and he may have this team floundering in the playoffs again, but some of these opinions flying around out there are just tiring. Can we just have one single drop of patience? I mean he's done plenty of things to prove he's not just the same old coach.

There's disagreeing with coaching decisions, and there's just being obtuse and unreasonable.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Seriously. It really is making it pretty hard to post here sometimes. Johnston may turn out to suck, and he may have this team floundering in the playoffs again, but some of these opinions flying around out there are just tiring. Can we just have one single drop of patience? I mean he's done plenty of things to prove he's not just the same old coach.

There's disagreeing with coaching decisions, and there's just being obtuse and unreasonable.

2911a290_tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500_zps99e7e36e.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Obviously some hyperbole in my post. But at the same time, can you really find a legitimate justification for healthy scratching Goc in and playing Adams and Sill? His using Scuderi more than Despres, even when Despres was playing great hockey?

MJ's personnel decisions, as a whole, aren't on a Bylsma level. Bylsma seemed to find a million ways to **** up a lineup. But MJ's fascination for insisting on Adams/Sill being part of this roster despite having better options, as well as him using Scuderi as a 20 minute defenseman on a lot of nights, is certainly up there with some of Bylsma's worst.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
If you think the Adams/MJ/Sill thing is as bad as anything DB did, you must habe forgot pretty much all last season (Pyatt scoring line, Engo the winger, Simon, in the press box, Orpik the defense corps leader).

At least you can see MJ trying things that could work; not pounding a different squared peg into the blank space next to the round hole.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Let's remember that Adams played in the '13 playoffs over Kennedy, Vitale, Jokinen, and Bennett. Bylsma and Johnston aren't even in the same league.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Let's remember that Adams played in the '13 playoffs over Kennedy, Vitale, Jokinen, and Bennett. Bylsma and Johnston aren't even in the same league.

What makes you think MJ wouldn't have done the same thing?

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Finally...some ENERGY on The Fan morning show!
After 4 years of Mr Corporate vanilla radio hosting that show we finally get someone with a damn pulse

This morning Colin Dunlap was fired up over the Rinaldo hit and the game in general, he was ranting about the Pens needed to get tougher, ranting about guys like Craig Adams not standing up...

WOOOAAH...here comes Jim Colony, raising his voice to defend Craig Adams "Don't say that about Adams!! he is a great teammate, that is uncalled for!!"

Wow, finally some life, some energy on that show.
And all it took was some one calling out Craig Adams.
Thanks Craig.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Finally...some ENERGY on The Fan morning show!
After 4 years of Mr Corporate vanilla radio hosting that show we finally get someone with a damn pulse

This morning Colin Dunlap was fired up over the Rinaldo hit and the game in general, he was ranting about the Pens needed to get tougher, ranting about guys like Craig Adams not standing up...

WOOOAAH...here comes Jim Colony, raising his voice to defend Craig Adams "Don't say that about Adams!! he is a great teammate, that is uncalled for!!"

Wow, finally some life, some energy on that show.
And all it took was some one calling out Craig Adams.
Thanks Craig.

Don't worry, it'll be short lived... Steelers' draft prep starts in 2 weeks.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well it's the media thread. As for constantly, I think this might be the 2nd one I've posted.

The discussion point was whether this was a moral victory, which is valid (though I disagree ).
Don't really care how many clicks he gets, if you do, try this: DON'T CLICK.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Well it's the media thread. As for constantly, I think this might be the 2nd one I've posted.

The discussion point was whether this was a moral victory, which is valid (though I disagree ).
Don't really care how many clicks he gets, if you do, try this: DON'T CLICK.

To be fair you've only posted a couple, but you've posted the link in multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad