GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens- 11/18/14 7:30pm EST RDS(HD), SNE,TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I like Tinordi a lot, but he's made worse mistakes than Beaulieu and became timid as a result. I have no problem with his mistakes any more than Beaulieu's mistakes, in fact Tinordi's biggest issue is being afraid to make more. You only improve when you take risks.

Beaulieu is taking risks and making mistakes, but he's learning and gaining confidence. Sorry you don't see his upside, but it's there and it'll pay dividends the more he plays. Those passes will start connecting and those rushes will create chances.

Beaulieu is taking no risks and making worse decisions the Tinner.

I don't know what you are watching but Beaulieu should be at least providing some offense in his 40 odd games, not a whopping 6 assists.

For an offensive defenseman that you say is taking risks, thats BRUTAL.

Confidence? Gaining it? NB confidence is at an admittedly all time low. The announcers in previous games mentioned that when they talked to him

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
WEll this is the kind of game where the Pens will get 5 chances to score and score 6 goals.

The habs defensive system is clearly being outmatched and they are paying for it. The habs have managed to carry most of the play but as soon as they make a mistake, the puck is in the back of the net.

But it's really concerning that these losses are all blow outs.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I hope we don't play the Penguins in the playoffs simply because of all the calls they'd get. When you have Crosby on your team, you're getting most of the calls.

I give an edge to teams like the Pens and Lightning not because they have more talent but because Therrien has no tactics. His system is 'work hard' 'dump and chase'. Nothing else. Jon Cooper and Babcock would kill him. This team wins because they have skill. Skill can overcome a bad system from time to time. But Therrien has no answers when his 'tactics' don't yield results.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

I don't know what you are watching but Beaulieu should be at least providing some offense in his 40 odd games, not a whopping 6 assists.

Confidence? Gaining it? NB confidence is at an admittedly all time low. The announcers in previous games mentioned that when they talked to him
Points aren't everything.

However I haven't really liked Beaulieu' s game this season

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Like I said before, if this game was a measuring stick, there's still a lot of measuring to do.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I'm sure the guys are laughing about it right now: "Pfffft... they really think they got us beat! lol!!". They're planning le comeback as we speak. Rest easy.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price stopped about three rebounds there and we still can't get to the puck...

stopped? he was looking for the puck... come on now. that rebound was on price.

lets be honest for once Mr.Guy

Im not blaming Price but i saw your comment and i had to comment. Its ok hes allowed to have a bad game..hes been rly good for the last 4

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I just turned off my TV set. I don't want to see any more or express my feelings after witnessing this much of it.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Another wake up call for the players to not let their heads get too swelled. Too bad they don't play Buffalo next so they could squeak out a SO win to turn things around :laugh::laugh:

Honestly, it's one game. No need to freak out, they'll be fine.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I hope we don't play the Penguins in the playoffs simply because of all the calls they'd get. When you have Crosby on your team, you're getting most of the calls.

I give an edge to teams like the Pens and Lightning not because they have more talent but because Therrien has no tactics. His system is 'work hard' 'dump and chase'. Nothing else. Jon Cooper and Babcock would kill him. This team wins because they have skill. Skill can overcome a bad system from time to time. But Therrien has no answers when his 'tactics' don't yield results.
We've got one penalty tonight lol

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
We're not even playing bad. Pittsburgh has just scored every chance they got, with a few bounces going their way to boot.

Every line is making things happen, we just have nothing to show for it.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
When Beaulieu was a healthy scratch: "OMG, let him PLAAAAAY! Let him make rookie mistakes and learn from them."

A few rookie mistakes later: "OMG, send him to HAAAAAMILTON!"

The HELL does he LEARN then, huh? HF Logic.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Dude, we're gonna make the playoffs. I'd rather let Beaulieu make mistakes and learn and become a good d-man than just send him down. At some point, he's gonna need to develop. Who cares if we lose, we're still a top ****ing team.

I'm sure the guys are laughing about it right now: "Pfffft... they really think they got us beat! lol!!". They're planning le comeback as we speak. Rest easy.

*sniff sniff* :cry:

Here we go boys, H-here we go. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad