Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Stirring The Pot Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Who thinks let’s sign the worst D man on Toronto last season?

20190625JWPenguinsRutherford05-4-1573660334.jpg

Reactions: Lustaf and Andy99

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
No I just really don't see a problem with Cody Ceci as a #6 defenseman.

This isn't me saying he's anything great, but what's the issue here?
He sucks. That’s the issue. I’d rather keep the cap space then have him on this team.

Why do we always have to sign garbage when there’s history proving that he’s trash. JR always gotta make a move to try to prove that he’s smarter than everyone.

JJ and Schultz were on a bottom pairing and were playing a ton of hockey per game... Don’t believe the #6 hype.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
So you think they'll use Marino or Letang behind Ceci?

Interesting.

Picture this scenario. Marino struggles a bit (sophomore slump) nothing serious but enough to get Sully itchin. He's got Ceci burning in his back pocket to slide up to suck even worse.

Letang gets hurt and misses his annual 20 games? Ceci will play top 4 waaayyy more than you are giving thought.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
This isn't just Rutherford.

This is the Coaching Staff and Rutherford ranking this guy as someone we should have on the Roster. I guess the runway is clear for a mid-season firing...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol this website genuinely believes that Sullivan is going to play Ceci over Marino.

I think I'm done here. Can't handle this much idiocy.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Lol this website genuinely believes that Sullivan is going to play Ceci over Marino.

I think I'm done here. Can't handle this much idiocy.

Remember who was on the ice with the season on the line and 5 minutes to go? JJ and Schultz. Who was the XA with 1:30 left? Schultz.

I mean, you cannot fault people for thinking Sully might play Ceci over other guys in key situation.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I really hope that is not true, but it’s seeming that way.

Was the focus this off-season cost-cutting or actually making the team better? Did Burkle imitate Nutting? $1.4 billion personal net worth told Jimmy Chang’s to not spend actual cash.

It is very unfair and incorrect assessment to compare Burkle with Nutting. Burkle has always allowed the Pens to spend to the cap which has helped the Pens win 3 Cups during his time as an owner. Now after a season that the Pens lost millions and are projected to again lose millions due to not being allowed to fill stadiums you have a problem with him? Pens operate on a budget that they need to make the playoffs just to break even.

Nutting pockets $10's of millions each year instead of spending money to help the team compete. You are a fair weather fan that is a what have you done for me lately attitude. I am willing to wait for things to get back to normal and then Pens can spend to the cap as normal.

Rutherford said he is allowed to spend to the cap at the deadline if needed. So the Pens are not being hurt for when it counts. By playoff time they will be pressed against the cap as always. Also the team is actually much better than the one we started with last season even with these money cuts. Last year Simon and Galchenyk started in our top 6 and this season we start with Zucker and Kapanen instead. I call that a very huge upgrade. Matheson is also a big upgrade over JJ. Jankowski over Bjugstad is also a win considering Bjugstad was literally worthless last season and Jankowski could only be an improvement over what Bjugstad gave us. Overall this team is better, younger, and faster than the team we started with last season. Rutherford being able to do that while also shedding a ton of real money is an amazing job. So while most contenders are getting weaker without having to cut real money like Rutherford was instructed he somehow improved our team in almost every way.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
So by midseason or so, Rutherford and Sullivan will be gone, Joseph-Ruhwedel or Riikola-Maniscalco will be the third pairing and we shall be trying to play catchup in the standings after shockingly getting out of the gates slowly.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If we had a solid 3C, this would be palatable. Given the bottom 6 construction, Ceci was NOT a need.

Why Rudwedel, why Riikola then? What about POJ? This was supposed to be a team that was cutting the fat, scaling back, and playing/trusting youth.

Ceci is not a $4mil dman. He's probably a $1.25mil dman. That doesn't mean he needs to be a 1.25mil dman HERE.

I would just much rather have spent the money elsewhere.

PowerfulCheeryBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If we had a solid 3C, this would be palatable. Given the bottom 6 construction, Ceci was NOT a need.

Why Rudwedel, why Riikola then? What about POJ? This was supposed to be a team that was cutting the fat, scaling back, and playing/trusting youth.

Ceci is not a $4mil dman. He's probably a $1.25mil dman. That doesn't mean he needs to be a 1.25mil dman HERE.

I would just much rather have spent the money elsewhere.

PowerfulCheeryBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif

100%.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hilariously, Micah McCurdy doesn't have a tweet...yet...he has lots of models to tell people how to feel coming up next Tuesday. Therefore...you all have until then to determine how you feel about, then Micah will tell you how to feel.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I believe Petts is going to be moved now. And that at some point this well be there defense.

dumo-letang
M & M
Riikola- Ceci
Poj - ruh

moving Petts could bring back a good bottom 6 player and frees up cap

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I believe Petts is going to be moved now. And that at some point this well be there defense.

dumo-letang
M & M
Riikola- Ceci
Poj - ruh

moving Petts could bring back a good bottom 6 player and frees up cap

I ****ing hope not.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
If anyone is being moved it's Riikola for nothing. There's logjam on the left and he seems to not be rated by Sully.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If anyone is being moved it's Riikola for nothing. There's logjam on the left and he seems to not be rated by Sully.
The problem is if TVR only goes for 800k who wants Riikola for over a million for 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad