Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

"Murashov now has a .920 save percentage in his one-and-a-half games in Buffalo. He was drawing a lot of interest from pundits before this tournament started, and as people get more in-person viewings of the Russian goalie, they’ve catching onto Murashov’s willingness to play the puck."

Also, Jelsma injured in today's game.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Pono had 2 points in his last 18 AHL games. I'm not sure why some want to so rapidly pencil him in the opening day NHL lineup.
Yeah his bad finish (due to injury) makes me want to send him down a little more. Let him rebuild his confidence a bit as the #1C in WB/S playing in all situations.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm totally fine with all of their prospects starting the year in WBS, there is no such thing as too much development time for prospects. They could run with McGroarty-Ponomarev on L1 and Broz-Koivunen on L2 for the first half of the year and I'd be totally fine with it. They need to do what's best for the prospects and playing big minutes in the AHL is probably better than playing less minutes in the NHL.

That being said, I fully expect McGroarty and Ponomarev to be regulars by the end of the year and Broz to get in some games as well. I'm curious to see how Koivunen does, he has produced so well against men in Europe so I can definitely see him transitioning well in the AHL. I think it's entirely possible that Koivunen is a guy that doesn't look super impressive but just produces really well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Jelsma is IMO worth an ELC based on the 4 AHL games he played, which I think I caught all of, but they’ll probably have to wait until they send some CHL guys down so their contracts slide.

I’m guessing they only offer an AHL deal though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Broz going from 165 to 200+ is legitimately f***ing impressive. :laugh:

That's some serious dedication and discipline.

He was listed at like 175 in his draft year, but yeah it's still impressive especially with how other guys just can't add weight. Broz is listed at 5'11" and 202 lbs, that's basically the same build as Crosby.

You don't want him adding too much weight and risking hurting his agility and speed, but he absolutely has the size now that makes me not worried about him sticking at center.

I like Broz at center first, but I also wouldn't be at all surprised for him and Crosby to mesh amazingly well either.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Also from Taylor today…bummer

“A note: Tanner Howe won't participate in the Penguins' Prospects Challenge games. He's recovering from a facial injury. Not sure how it happened or what exactly it is but he's only day-to-day.”
Speaking of soff, Michkov- 5' 10", 176#. He's smaller than Yager- he'll never make it. :scared:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah his bad finish (due to injury) makes me want to send him down a little more. Let him rebuild his confidence a bit as the #1C in WB/S playing in all situations.
I am with that mindset as well, I found it odd so many thought to pencil him into the line-up, I think if he is over his injury and shows he's ready, he'll play well enough to get the 4-5mins of 4th line ice time our dipshit coach will give him.

I feel like Briere is smart enough to prevent that given how he was treated in Phoenix.
When he did the michigan attempt in practice, Torts didn't seem happy about it, but the rest of the blokes with him laughed at him and not even Torts could really do or say anything about it. I think Briere likes that Torts has them working hard, but the moment his "tough love" approach wreaks havoc on a potential franchise player, Torts is on a short leash. Even the Flyers, for a shit franchise, has standards unlike the Penguins under FSG with Sullivan.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
If Broz is a top six winger in the NHL, I’ll be kinda shocked. Seems like a Bryan Rust type without the upside due to his skating.
I really want Atley to work out as well, earn an NHL contract and be our younger Bunting/Hyman type.

It's crazy the Penguins are still sitting at 49/50 contracts while most teams have a buffer of at least 3-5+...I was really hoping to see Dubas cut some of the dead weight veterans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad