Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think if you want upside you gotta look at players that fell out of the 1st for 1 reason, size. If Stiga, Hutson or Poirier were 6’0” they’d have gone 12 picks ago. But they also need to be not just great skaters but elite skaters to overcome their size (see Phillips).

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1719676251767.png

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I just KNEW the cap would take my fav pick before us.

An On top of that wr reach for an offensive inept d right after. The one thing i didn't want ofc...

Reactions: Andy99

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Still lacking top-end talent but the overall prospect pool doesnt look awful now. Getting Koivunen, Lucius and Pono really helps add depth. Might actually be worth going to #20 on the ranking this year lol

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Really wanted to add RD and Dubas and staff saw what many of us saw. these is no Rd in the system. Now with this draft and next draft with extra picks, Pens can add another high end RD as well. Good draft for that reason. Pens loaded with LW smaller skill players and need to find RD to develop.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ol. Draft is over.
Guess it's time to hope we invite and maybe sign some undrafted kids for free?

One guess is maybe Jelsma?
Was surprised they didn't use a late pick on him since he was on a tryout in WBS for a few games

Mathew Soto was invited last season, so maybe we will at least invite him again.

Reactions: Jacob

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Speaking of good old Brayden Yager, are we ever gonna sign him??????
Why are you so obsessed with this? He’s not in college, he can’t become a UFA. He would have to re-enter the draft and the only instance of that happening to a CHL player in the last like 25 years is because the team chose not to sign the guy to recoup the compensatory pick because they realized the player they took sucked.

He’s going to sign. Probably within the week when fans are disappointed we added nothing good to our team and they need good PR for muppets who think doing something that is the absolute bare minimum, like signing your 1st round pick, is an accomplishment.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Cruz Lucius is a decent prospect on RW which the Pens also have a supply issue with. Dubas is deepening the prospect pool and as of now the Pens have all their picks plus the second and adding a pick probably when Smith is moved as well. I really have no idea when the Pens actually had all said picks available to them but it has been quite a while.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Cruz Lucius is a decent prospect on RW which the Pens also have a supply issue with. Dubas is deepening the prospect pool and as of now the Pens have all their picks plus the second and adding a pick probably when Smith is moved as well. I really have no idea when the Pens actually had all said picks available to them but it has been quite a while.
We don't have our own 2nd next year. But replaced it with the STL one

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1