GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Atoadaso

Mar 27, 2019
go look at the depth chart...

its tough to look at. There wont be a single analyst on the planet that has us as a playoff team.

May as well start researching next year's draft, this team has so many holes. Looking like a lottery team.
please expand on this thought. I’d like to see who we should have signed and to what contract if you don’t mind.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The only guy I feel like they missed out on is Roy but I can understand why they didn't want to give him six years.

Every other contract... whatever.

There are more moves in the hopper for sure.

Atoadaso

Mar 27, 2019
you think were making the playoffs with this team?
not what I said or even asked just curious where you see the holes and what we should of done to fill them.

Edit: better yet I’m just curious who you really wished we would have gotten that we didn’t?

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Tarasenko or bust

All kidding aside I'm not super upset about today but I was hoping for something more.
Agree. Would've liked to g et Marchy and/or Stamkos, but I'm not mad. For all the whining we saw about the kids last season, I can't get mad that we haven't made much of a splash.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

giphy.webp

• Haha
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
how are people possibly shitting on the Gustafsson signing? That’s a fantastic deal for an offensive defenseman who’s actually good at playing defense. He’s an upgraded Walman. And at 2mil? Hell yes.
Not so much a Gustafsson thing in particular as frustration that we're loading up with too many underwhelming 4-6 guys again.

We're at 7 defenseman on the roster right now? ...before you get to Edvinsson and Johansson

Oh... and perhaps our best looking chance of making a big move was getting Trouba for cheap with retention. That'll be tough to justify with that many Dmen already on the team

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I don't know everybody is so shocked, cap went up for the first time since ages. There were some contracts i wouldn't mind:

- Roy deal seems ok to me, 6 or 7 year does not matter that much
- Arvidsson deal looks good for Edmonton
- DeBrusk is not horrible, as he is 27 now, but with MBN and Mazur soon to arrive they might not need him
- It will be intersting to see how much got Walker and Foegele

I don't mind Gustafsson as Ghost replacement, i just not sure we really needed it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
not what I said or even asked just curious where you see the holes and what we should of done to fill them.

Edit: better yet I’m just curious who you really wished we would have gotten that we didn’t?
the holes:
-a legit 2C
-another scoring forward
-depth forward
-toughness and grit
-a PP quarterback
-another NHL top 4 D
-an actual NHL starting goalie

our d as it stands is:
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Gustafsson
Johansson-Holl

bottom 5 D in the NHL

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Larkin should ask for a trade after today’s abysmal performance by Yzerman. Sure, no overpriced contracts handed out, but I don’t need to mention some players that were signed by teams that would have benefited. You all are smart, and can surely figure it out. Back to a lottery team.
The summer is over, apparently. Glad to hear training camp begins tomorrow and Yzerman is done.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Dude is not awful, stop
So teams buy out good players they send to the AHL?

Come on

The summer is over, apparently. Glad to hear training camp begins tomorrow and Yzerman is done.
Soup...not alot of league transactional business occurs between July 2nd and trn camp...

Some trades happen but nothing like the work done between the draft and July 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad