Proposal: Pitt-Ott

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
If the sens can't come to an agreement with Hoffman on a new contract, would they be interested in trading him to the Pens? I don't know the Sens needs, so I'm just going to start with Pouliot+Kunitz+1st for Hoffman+bottom pair dman.

Close?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
If the sens can't come to an agreement with Hoffman on a new contract, would they be interested in trading him to the Pens? I don't know the Sens needs, so I'm just going to start with Pouliot+Kunitz+1st for Hoffman+bottom pair dman.

Close?

Its close value wise i think. IF Hoffman doesnt wanna stay.

Still would rather resign hoff.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
IF Hoff is telling Ottawa he doesn't want to stay and Ottawa is looking to get value, I guarantee he never pulls the return in the OP. That's not how it works. Is that what he is worth? Sure. But if Ottawa knows they cannot re-sign him down the road and they know he won't be a Sen, then unfortunately they will never get full value for him.

Ultimately it's just best business for Ottawa to re-sign. Period. He's an RFA anyway after this season, right? Ottawa should just keep focusing on getting the guy to sign.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
IF Hoff is telling Ottawa he doesn't want to stay and Ottawa is looking to get value, I guarantee he never pulls the return in the OP. That's not how it works. Is that what he is worth? Sure. But if Ottawa knows they cannot re-sign him down the road and they know he won't be a Sen, then unfortunately they will never get full value for him.

Ultimately it's just best business for Ottawa to re-sign. Period. He's an RFA anyway after this season, right? Ottawa should just keep focusing on getting the guy to sign.

Ufa after this season.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's a bummer. Focus on re-signing then. If the deadline comes and unfortunately Hoffman says he's not signing, AND the Sens are not in contention - take the highest bid. But the highest bid will not be as high as the OP.

If the Sens are in playoff contention, then unfortunately keep him til the end of the season even though some will complain about asset management. He will make the Sens better.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Would love Hoffman, he's probably the guy I want the most via trade route. Fast goal scoring winger who can get nearly 30 goals a year? would be a 30G guy here probably. Sign and trade perhaps? 5M for 5 years I'd do. Pens NEED help on the left side well, grabbing a scoring winger and grooming Sprong? on the left side? would be pretty nice.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't want Kunitz. Not even a little. Waste of our time. Plus I hate the Penguins of today.

Frankly I think we should never do business together. I don't see EM too happy with Penguins either.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
If this is true its pathetic.. Karlsson is fine and better than ever. Move the heck on

It is true, he hired forensics people to investigate the video of the event and Karlsson's injury and then presented it to the league. Guy went full CSI and was out for blood convinced that Cooke tried to murder Karlsson :laugh:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
he's referring to the time when Matt Cooke accidentally cut Karlsson with a skate and Melnyk made a fool out of himself hiring the cast CSI to crack the case

no Sens fans are just forgetting right now. we can't beat you in the play offs and you guys injure us all the time. i was at the game for this and was pissed:

and your announcers on tv drive me up the wall, i just hate the penguins soo much, not the fans or the people of Pittsburgh, not the pirates or the Steelers, just the penguins.

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
It is true, he hired forensics people to investigate the video of the event and Karlsson's injury and then presented it to the league. Guy went full CSI and was out for blood convinced that Cooke tried to murder Karlsson :laugh:

Not gonna lie, if I didn't value my life and Cooke was still in the league (it's about time everyone figured out that the **** was useless), I'd probably A) pay to have him taken out or B) take him out myself by any means necessary.

Letang on Spezza is another one too. Was at that game.

It sucks that I hate the Penguins and Flyers so much but I love my Steelers.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Would love Hoffman, he's probably the guy I want the most via trade route. Fast goal scoring winger who can get nearly 30 goals a year? would be a 30G guy here probably. Sign and trade perhaps? 5M for 5 years I'd do. Pens NEED help on the left side well, grabbing a scoring winger and grooming Sprong? on the left side? would be pretty nice.

he'd be a 30 goal scorer here if he got consistent power play and top six time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

On a good team with a system and a playmaker to get him teh puck, he could break 40.

Iirc, he was top 5 in the league the past 2 seasons during 5-on-5 play. He has enormous potential for a team that would use him properly.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
On a good team with a system and a playmaker to get him teh puck, he could break 40.

Iirc, he was top 5 in the league the past 2 seasons during 5-on-5 play. He has enormous potential for a team that would use him properly.

Hopefully JR agrees and tries to trade for him. Is he comparable to Neal? goal scoring winger, although Neal was not as fast of a skater as Hoffman. Hoffman-Crosby-Hornqvist would be a sick line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad