Proposal: Pitt - LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andy P

Dec 21, 2018
It has been rumored that the kings want another top 6 winger. Zucker is a LW that looks like would be a fit. He plays a 200 ft game that can chip in offensively. He has a 30 goal season under his belt. He fits well with Crosby but they won’t pull Guentzel away from him. No chemistry with Malkin and paid too high to play 3rd line

to Pitt: 2022 2nd
To LA: Zucker

Omar23

Jun 14, 2021
West coast
It has been rumored that the kings want another top 6 winger. Zucker is a LW that looks like would be a fit. He plays a 200 ft game that can chip in offensively. He has a 30 goal season under his belt. He fits well with Crosby but they won’t pull Guentzel away from him. No chemistry with Malkin and paid too high to play 3rd line

Is zucker healthy and injury free these days, haven’t hear much about him in awhile

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

If this was legit , sid wouod drive zucker to the airport himself...

Reactions: kinghock

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The Penguins should be the ones including a second round pick for the Kings to take Zucker, who is owed over $11M in the last two years of his contract.
Only a second for an 11 million addition in a flat cap? I’m going to say it’d cost Zucker and a 1st for future considerations.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins should be the ones including a second round pick for the Kings to take Zucker, who is owed over $11M in the last two years of his contract.

Only a second for an 11 million addition in a flat cap? I’m going to say it’d cost Zucker and a 1st for future considerations.

This website makes such dumb claims sometimes :laugh:

Please give even a single example of a trade that suggests that it would cost that to move Zucker. Even a single one.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Please give even a single example of a trade that suggests that it would cost that to move Zucker. Even a single one.

Are you really that dense and clueless? The Flyers sent assets to Arizona to open up cap space, and that’s with a player with a lower AAV than Zucker. Are you even aware of how much cap space your Penguins have?

Andrew Ladd has the exact same AAV as Zucker, look at what it cost the Isles to get rid of two years of a $5.5M cap hit from their books.

I see what you mean by how dumb this site can be, especially when clueless homers interject with dumb comments.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Are you really that dense and clueless? The Flyers sent assets to Arizona to open up cap space, and that’s with a player with a lower AAV than Zucker. Are you even aware of how much cap space your Penguins have?

Andrew Ladd has the exact same AAV as Zucker, look at what it cost the Isles to get rid of two years of a $5.5M cap hit from their books.

I see what you mean by how dumb this site can be, especially when clueless homers interject with dumb comments.

No, the dense and clueless one seems to be you. How the f*** is Andrew Ladd even remotely comparable to Zucker? Zucker is still an effective player today. Zucker is coming off a season of about a 20 goal, 40 point pace.

Zucker is a slightly overpaid middle-6 winger. To compare him to Ladd is so laughably dumb and it fits exactly into the dumb claims this website makes.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

As if Zucker and ladd are similar quality players....

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

I would think Ghosts trade would qualify as a trade that did that. Not that i think Zucker and him are the same but just giving u the example u asked for

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
As if Zucker and ladd are similar quality players....

One of them can be buried on LTIR, the other isn’t worth his contract. One of them is owed over $11M in real dollars, the other is owed $3M less in his last two years of his contract.

And I’m comparing contracts and value moved, not the quality of the player. Do Zucker’s numbers justify his contract?

Reactions: Lt Dan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Whatever you say, homer.

How am I being a homer? I'm just calling out your stupid as shit claims to be stupid as shit.

Zucker's still an effective middle-6 player, he's just overpaid by about $1.5 million. How in god's name can you even justify him and Ladd being similar? That's just an asininely dumb claim.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I find it hilarious that Arvidsson was traded for a 2nd and 3rd like 3 weeks ago, but somehow Zucker now has negative value despite his production being extremely in line with what Arvidsson has done for the past 4 years.

But yes, freaking Ladd is a better comparable to Zucker than Arvidsson, and if you disagree with that, you're a homer. Yeah, totally logical thought processes on this site.

Reactions: Night Shift

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
No, the dense and clueless one seems to be you. How the f*** is Andrew Ladd even remotely comparable to Zucker? Zucker is still an effective player today. Zucker is coming off a season of about a 20 goal, 40 point pace.

Zucker is a slightly overpaid middle-6 winger. To compare him to Ladd is so laughably dumb and it fits exactly into the dumb claims this website makes.

Pittsburg already got Jeff Carter from LA for next to nothing.
If they want rid themselves of Zucker they will need to pay.
Or you can keep your “slightly overpaid middle-6 winger”.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pittsburg already got Jeff Carter from LA for next to nothing.
If they want rid themselves of Zucker they will need to pay.
Or you can keep your “slightly overpaid middle-6 winger”.

Okay, so the Penguins need to pay to get rid of Zucker because they got Jeff Carter for free? Thanks for adding another stupid claim to this website. I really don't get why people here try to play GM. Literally no one here has any sort of power when it comes to trades, so what's even the point of making these kind of claims instead of talking about reasonable deals?

I don't even want to trade Zucker at this point, and I imagine that feeling is shared by most Penguins fans right now after losing McCann and Tanev during the expansion draft.

Patrick marleu ? Haha

Patrick Marleau cost a 1st to get rid of because any team that acquired him had to immediately buy him out. That's not comparable to Zucker. Carolina got a 1st because they got $6 million in dead cap space.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Apparently Pens fans are unaware of the fact that their team has the fifth highest payroll with 18 players under contract next season, nine of which are forwards. Hextall will have to perform some cap gymnastics, or ride out yet another disappointing season and let the contracts of Malkin and Letang expire next summer.

Reactions: kinghock

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Apparently Pens fans are unaware of the fact that their team has the fifth highest payroll with 18 players under contract next season, nine of which are forwards. Hextall will have to perform some cap gymnastics, or ride out yet another disappointing season and let the contracts of Malkin and Letang expire next summer.

I like how you think you have a better grasp on the Penguins can situation than Penguins fans do.

Every Penguins fan is well aware with where the team sits with the cap. They're fine with the cap. They're not going big game hunting and are going to use whatever cap space they have left to upgrade on Jarry and sign a cheap replacement for McCann. That's about all they're going to do this off-season.

They were in an iffy position with the cap before the expansion draft, but they're not now. They have between $3 and $4 million to play with after they fill out their roster.

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
How am I being a homer? I'm just calling out your stupid as shit claims to be stupid as shit.

Zucker's still an effective middle-6 player, he's just overpaid by about $1.5 million. How in god's name can you even justify him and Ladd being similar? That's just an asininely dumb claim.
So by your own admission Zucker is overpaid by about $1.5 million. Why would LA give you a 2nd round pick in 2022 for that? We have so many other better options.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So by your own admission Zucker is overpaid by about $1.5 million. Why would LA give you a 2nd round pick in 2022 for that?

I never commented on the original proposal, I'm saying that the idea that Zucker has negative value or Zucker is comparable to Ladd is stupid.

Zucker's value is low, it's probably like a 3rd or 4th right now if the Penguins aren't taking back any money. I'm arguing against the asinine claim that he somehow has negative value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad