Proposal: Pitt-Cbj-Dal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
an OK playoffs? :laugh:

He just set the Penguins rookie record for goals, he scored 2 times in game 7 of the ECF, I believe he even got the first goal of the Stanley Cup.

How exactly did Nuke have a better year with his poor defensive play and 10 goals over 89 games?

You are embarrassing yourself with this desperate framing. 9 points in 23 games is the kind of OK playoffs some unheralded player randomly gets every year. My count is 201 points by the team in the playoffs and 9 is less than 1/20 so if you dress 18 skaters each game he under-performed the team point average.

I can't believe in 2016 a person is making such a sample size-free statement like this. It's bananas.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Your right it's all about goals. Not not like Nuke had 0.36 PPG compared to Rusts 0.26 in the regular season and Nuke was largely considered to have a dissapointing season.

I'll take the younger guy who out produces the older guy while having a dissapointing season any day of the week. This doesn't even take into account Nukes potential which make their value even further apart

Yeah, I'm not buying that.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You are embarrassing yourself with this desperate framing. 9 points in 23 games is the kind of OK playoffs some unheralded player randomly gets every year. My count is 201 points by the team in the playoffs and 9 is less than 1/20 so if you dress 18 skaters each game he under-performed the team point average.

I can't believe in 2016 a person is making such a sample size-free statement like this. It's bananas.

I want this quoted. :help:

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
anyone who thinks rust is better than nuke is very very biased. nuke is 3 yrs younger too. i think its obvious nuke>rust.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
You aren't taking into account Rust's speed which is disruptive on the forecheck, you aren't taking into account Rust is a better defensive player, You aren't taking into account that Rust is like 4-5 times cheaper on the cap.

Nuke will be out of the league soon, Rust will continue to be a very solid 3rd liner.

You arent taking into account Nichusskins speed, size, skill, potential, overall ability.

Its not complicated. you might be the only one who think Rust is the better player. If thats the cast I will gladly keep Nichushkin over Rust and will enjoy him even if he disappoints and is still 50% more effective offensively

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I want this quoted. :help:

Your not buying that while having a down and disappointing year, according to most people, Nuke still produced at over 35% better clip than Rust?

Last edited by a moderator:

mgd525

May 18, 2007
That deal is awful for the Penguins. A year ago I'd do it. With nukes terrible season plus his crying about ice time no I wouldn't trade a first or Rust for him. I just don't like him as a player. I won't deny he is very talented.

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
Rust is a better player? Despite Nichushkin complaining about ice time, I guarantee Pittsburgh fans choose him over Rust any day of the week. Deep down, they secretly love Nuke and his potential.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Rust is a better player? Despite Nichushkin complaining about ice time, I guarantee Pittsburgh fans choose him over Rust any day of the week. Deep down, they secretly love Nuke and his potential.

Rust for Nuke isn't the deal though. Rust and a 1st is too much for us to give up.

Ogi1Kenobi

Dec 25, 2008
That deal is awful for the Penguins. A year ago I'd do it. With nukes terrible season plus his crying about ice time no I wouldn't trade a first or Rust for him. I just don't like him as a player. I won't deny he is very talented.

Rust for Nuke isn't the deal though. Rust and a 1st is too much for us to give up.

My post was directed at this statement more than anything.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
To Pitt: V. Nichuskin

To Cbj: Pitt 1st 17', Dal 1st 17'

To Dal: D. Savard, B. Rust

Cbj protects Murray, jones and Johnson, get 2 1sts and cap space

Dal gets a good D they need

Pitt gets an inexpensive top 6 winger

Pass from Pits POV. No way am I giving up a 1st and Rust for Nuke. Way too many question marks surrounding him to move those pieces. Pittsburgh needs to build it's prospect pool back up, and the only way that happens is with their early draft picks. And while I don't think Rust will be nearly as good as he was in the playoffs, I'm also not willing to move him (or any of the other WBS kids) until we have a better picture of what exactly we have with them. At least not unless we're getting a much better asset then Nuke.

I also don't think either of the other teams would touch this either.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Your not buying that while having a down and disappointing year, according to most people, Nuke still produced at over 35% better clip than Rust?

I mean if you ever want to take off you yellow tinted glasses please come back, other than that you are insanely biased and its crazy

Rust was a rookie playing on the 4th line with limited minutes, and still scored 30% of what Nuke did. Once Rust was given more icetime with better linemates he scored at a pace that was very similar to what Nuke did - and he's still only played 1/3rd the games Nuke has.

Do I think Rust has Nuke's potential? Absolutely not. Nuke if he hits what people thought he might when he was drafted as the potential to be a top 6 winger with speed, size and skill. Rust on the other hand if he exceeds the potential people thought he might have, might be able to be a 3rd wheel on a scoring line, and who might put up 40/50 points if everything goes perfect.

But I still wouldn't give up Rust+ for Nuke. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd do Rust for Nuke.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Rust was a rookie playing on the 4th line with limited minutes, and still scored 30% of what Nuke did. Once Rust was given more icetime with better linemates he scored at a pace that was very similar to what Nuke did - and he's still only played 1/3rd the games Nuke has.

Do I think Rust has Nuke's potential? Absolutely not. Nuke if he hits what people thought he might when he was drafted as the potential to be a top 6 winger with speed, size and skill. Rust on the other hand if he exceeds the potential people thought he might have, might be able to be a 3rd wheel on a scoring line, and who might put up 40/50 points if everything goes perfect.

But I still wouldn't give up Rust+ for Nuke. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd do Rust for Nuke.

There isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't take that trade 1 for 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Sure, because guys who just set the team rookie record for goals in the playoffs grow on tree's - especially when you're talking about trading him for someone who is closer to a bust then a top 6 winger.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Lol, Dallas fans must have tuned out after their team no-showed that game 7. We literally don't win the cup without Rust. Why trade a mid-6 winger we know we can win with for a mid-6 winger that might be an upgrade?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
To Pitt: V. Nichuskin

To Cbj: Pitt 1st 17', Dal 1st 17'

To Dal: D. Savard, B. Rust

Cbj protects Murray, jones and Johnson, get 2 1sts and cap space

Dal gets a good D they need

Pitt gets an inexpensive top 6 winger

Cbj would have no interest in moving Savard to protect Johnson but the other way around. No way in the world the Jackets do this it makes their team worse for years to come.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

This is 100% correct. Way too much for Pittsburgh to give up for a guy that is an enigma, one that hasn't reached even close to his potential. Let's keep Rust and the first. Once Rust played top six minutes, he showed he could do very well. His skill set is what Pittsburgh is all about.

With Nuke, you are banking on him reaching his potential. He isn't close. I think there is a deal to be had here involving Nuke and Pittsburgh, but its NOT Rust and a first for an enigma. It's a straight up deal for another enigma or suspect that hasn't reached his potential - Derek Pouliott or Fleury to Dallas for a failed goalie in Niemi and Nuke.

This original deal is laughable. Nuke hasn't even displayed anything to suggest he is worth a first round pick right now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

There's not a team in the NHL that would trade Rust for a flight risk that can and has threatened to just leave the NHL whenever? Okay.

Nuke is crazy overrated by Penguins fans for some odd reason. If he was as good as some Pens fans on the Pens board thing, he would have had a better season than 14 goals and 34 points by now. Nuke has more potential than Rust, but I wouldn't trade Rust for him. I'd rather keep Rust and just give Sprong a spot along Malkin whenever he's healthy.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
You arent taking into account Nichusskins speed, size, skill, potential, overall ability.

Its not complicated. you might be the only one who think Rust is the better player. If thats the cast I will gladly keep Nichushkin over Rust and will enjoy him even if he disappoints and is still 50% more effective offensively

So, we need to take into account the potential of Nuke, something he has yet to show in the NHL or his overall ability. Why so insistent on telling fans of the Stanley Cup winning team that an enigma is worth someone who was valuable to us in Rust, one who did show well when given top six minutes and one that is built to the model the Pens have installed (speed) along with a first round pick for someone who hasn't shown well, at all?

Nuke's value to me is worth DP, not Rust and a first. DP and Nuke need change of scenery deals.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
There's not a team in the NHL that would trade Rust for a flight risk that can and has threatened to just leave the NHL whenever? Okay.

Nuke is crazy overrated by Penguins fans for some odd reason. If he was as good as some Pens fans on the Pens board thing, he would have had a better season than 14 goals and 34 points by now. Nuke has more potential than Rust, but I wouldn't trade Rust for him. I'd rather keep Rust and just give Sprong a spot along Malkin whenever he's healthy.

When did this happen?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

You are correct that he is the better player, however he is not worth an added first in my opinion.

This deal seems garbage.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
I thought there was rumors about Nichushkin signing in the KHL if he didn't get an increase in ice time. That may be incorrect though.

There was one interview in Russian in which he talked about wanting more icetime. However, as far as I can remember, he's never threatened to leave the NHL and go back to the KHL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There was one interview in Russian in which he talked about wanting more icetime. However, as far as I can remember, he's never threatened to leave the NHL and go back to the KHL.

Okay, that makes sense. I guess that teaches me to get my information from the trade board :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad