Confirmed Trade: [PIT/WPG] Rutger McGroarty for Brayden Yager

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Edmonton has a mall and Winnipeg gets feet of snow at a time. The prairie teams are in tough to attract players. Calgary is a miles better city than either Edmonton or Winnipeg. Don't think quality of living isn't taken into consideration by a lot of players. The other 4 Canadian cities offer a lot more.
Here comes someone on their high horse like I was talking about.

Assume you have lived in all major Canadian cities to support your claim ?

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I don't need to live in them to know which cities would be more desirable to live in. Of the 7 Canadian cities I've never been to the Peg. The others I have, some a few times. NHL players are human too. I doubt a lot of them would want to live in Thunder Bay or Prince George either

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I don't think Jets fans are mad that he didn't want to come to Winnipeg. It was the way he did it

He claimed before the Jets drafted him that he'd have no problem playing in Winnipeg

After being drafted, he talked about how thrilled he was to be drafted by the Jets

He attended a development camp and by all accounts was thrilled to be there

Then he changed his mind at some point and didn't say shit to the Jets aside from "it just didn't feel right"

He handled it like a douche. Douches can be shit on at any age
He was a what? 17-18 year old when they drafted him? I am sure he’s not the first very young adult to say one thing and change his mind.

Easy to say he liked Winnipeg and then went there and realized he didn’t want to be there any more.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He was a what? 17-18 year old when they drafted him? I am sure he’s not the first very young adult to say one thing and change his mind.

Easy to say he liked Winnipeg and then went there and realized he didn’t want to be there any more.
Then he should have told Chevy the summer after visiting and not just say nothing for a season until Chevy tried to sign him then say "it just didn't feel right"

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Wow - I thought being in your 20s, by definition, made you a grown man. Guess y’all coddle your men on the teet longer south of the 49.

And we’ve come to terms with it - hard to compete with Pittsburgh.

Some notable quotables!

“Pittsburgh is a very poor city”

“Dying rustbelt communities”

“One Of the most dangerous cities in The country”

“Winding, sad, beat up roads”

Sorry, those quotes are all from the first 2.5 minutes. I just ate and couldn’t continue watching.

Good choice Rutger….good choice.

It has nothing to do with Pittsburgh and his (and others) constant want to flee middling Canadian cities.

You don’t need to deflect this to try and cut down Pittsburgh like he had the option to pick where he wanted to go and settled on Pittsburgh.

Also, Pittsburgh is regularly on lists from reputable sources (not some weirdo on YouTube) of being one of the most livable cities in the entire country. So that was a nice swing and miss on your part to begin with.

Don’t see the angst in middle aged men needing to try and cut down a young man changing his mind and wanting to play in the country he was born and raised in/where more than likely all of his friends and family are located.

Then he should have told Chevy the summer after visiting and not just say nothing for a season until Chevy tried to sign him then say "it just didn't feel right"
Who knows when he came to that conclusion though?

Maybe when Winnipeg were trying to sign him, that’s when he decided he didn’t want to be there anymore?

Just a hell of a lot of speculation going on here with not much in the way of facts.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It has nothing to do with Pittsburgh and his (and others) constant want to flee middling Canadian cities.

You don’t need to deflect this to try and cut down Pittsburgh like he had the option to pick where he wanted to go and settled on Pittsburgh.

Also, Pittsburgh is regularly on lists from reputable sources (not some weirdo on YouTube) of being one of the most livable cities in the entire country. So that was a nice swing and miss on your part to begin with.

Don’t see the angst in middle aged men needing to try and cut down a young man changing his mind and wanting to play in the country he was born and raised in/where more than likely all of his friends and family are located.

Who knows when he came to that conclusion though?

Maybe when Winnipeg were trying to sign him, that’s when he decided he didn’t want to be there anymore?

Just a hell of a lot of speculation going on here with not much in the way of facts.
According to Chevy, he was told that Rutger got the "It doesn't feel right" vibe during the development camp in June 2023

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad