Proposal: PIT - VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Love

Feb 29, 2012
JT MILLER IS TOP 10 IN SCORING, HES OVER A POINT PER GAME LAST 3 SEASONS, HE PLAYS ALL 3 FORWARD POSITIONS. HE PLAYS PK, PP, AND IS ONE OF THE BEST FACEOFF GUYS IN THE NHL.

HF: “i jUsT dOnT tHiNk vAnCoUvEr is GoInG tO gEt mOrE tHAn a 3rd LiNeR aNd a LaTe 1st fOr hIm”

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I wonder if there's any correlation between appalling trade offers and a lack of empathy? Could hfboards trade forum be a new psychopath test?

Because offers like this make me feel like OP fails to understand that other teams have needs and other people have feelings.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I think all Pens fans here understand and agree that this offer isn't it :D .

Further, I also think it is quite clear that Pens is not a likely candidate for any of the top potential players available this deadline. We have a number of young assets who are potentially going to be good contributors, but there’s virtually nothing in the way of out-and-out blue chip prospects.

Reactions: orby

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Lmao
Pacioretty and Stone brought back less than what the OP proposed.

This is not true at all.

Tatar > Kapanen

Suzuki >>Samuel Poulin ,Casey DeSmith

2nd < condition 1st.. although it will most likely end up as 2nd anyways considering the odds of Pittsburgh making the SC final isn't exactly high...

Oh, and did I forget to mention Miller is a much better player than Pacioretty? When Pacioretty was traded, he had 37 points in 64 games for Montreal. You also seem to forget that OP asked for Halah @50%.. That's not a free asset..

Erik Brannstrom >>> Samuel Poulin , Casey DeSmith (Brannstrom was a highly-touted prospect at the time)

Oscar Lindberg < Kapanen

2nd < condition 1st.. Again..it will most likely end up as a 2nd anyways.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
JT MILLER IS TOP 10 IN SCORING, HES OVER A POINT PER GAME LAST 3 SEASONS, HE PLAYS ALL 3 FORWARD POSITIONS. HE PLAYS PK, PP, AND IS ONE OF THE BEST FACEOFF GUYS IN THE NHL.

HF: “i jUsT dOnT tHiNk vAnCoUvEr is GoInG tO gEt mOrE tHAn a 3rd LiNeR aNd a LaTe 1st fOr hIm”

Who is the last top ten scorer who got more than a 3rd liner?

Eichel got Tuch. A 3rd liner on a contender.

Patches got Tatar. A 3rd liner on a contender.

There is a pattern here.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Who is the last top ten scorer who got more than a 3rd liner?

Eichel got Tuch. A 3rd liner on a contender.

Patches got Tatar. A 3rd liner on a contender.

There is a pattern here.
For the record those “3rd liners” were on deep teams. Any other team they are top 6.

Last edited:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
How often do teams that aren’t deep make in season moves for players like JT Miller?
What does that have to do with the fact Kapanen doesn’t come close to being the same quality of a player that tuch is or that Tatar was?

Calling Tatar and tuch 3rd liners is like saying Malkin is a 2nd line center. How many years have pens fans been fighting that asinine stigma here when it would be used?

I find it shocking for one to then turn around and use it now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
What does that have to do with the fact Kapanen doesn’t come close to being the same quality of a player that tuch is or that Tatar was?

Calling Tatar and tuch 3rd liners is like saying Malkin is a 2nd line center. How many years have pens fans been fighting that asinine stigma here when it would be used?

I find it shocking for one to then turn around and use it now.

JT Miller also isn’t Patches or Eichel.

And Tatar was awful prior to being traded.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
JT Miller also isn’t Patches or Eichel.

And Tatar was awful prior to being traded.
I see you’re just trolling.

1. JT Miller is a much better player than max pacioretty.
2. You point out how Tatar was having 1 “awful” year at the time of the trade but conveniently leave out pacioretty was also having an “awful” year
3. That “awful” year which happened to be the worst of tatars career would be the 3rd most successful season for kapanen as of today

Fun fact Tatar finished with 34 points in 82 games before that trade, pacioretty had 37 in 64.

continue trolling though. It’s hilarious seeing a pens fan use the same arguments the fan base has loathed the last 10+ years to make bad points today.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I see you’re just trolling.

• 1. JT Miller is a much better player than max pacioretty.
2. You point out how Tatar was having 1 “awful” year at the time of the trade but conveniently leave out pacioretty was also having an “awful” year

Fun fact Tatar finished with 34 points in 82 games before that trade, pacioretty had 37 in 64.

continue trolling though. It’s hilarious seeing a pens fan use the same arguments the fan base has loathed the last 10+ years to make bad points today.

nah.

just for the record I think the deal this thread started on is awful.

my point is more so that players of Miller’s quality get moved all the time for packages that involve a Kapanen quality player, a 1st and a whatever prospect.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
nah.

You’re entitled to your opinion just as the people that say malkin is a 2C. Doesn’t make it a good opinion. It makes it an opinion that the overwhelming majority would immediately discredit you for moving forward until given a reason to stop.

We can agree though that the op’s proposal is atrocious.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
nah.

my point is more so that players of Miller’s quality get moved all the time for packages that involve a Kapanen quality player, a 1st and a whatever prospect.

Tomas Tatar was traded for a 1st,2nd and a 3rd just 6 months prior to him being included in the Pacioretty trade. Nick Suzuki was a 13th overall pick a year out from being drafted that was tracking very well at the time of the trade. And as mentioned MacPac was coming off a terrible season. The Kapanen level player isn’t really the issue, it’s the prospect which would be considered the centerpiece, that is.

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
PIT:

J.T. Miller
Jaroslav Halak (50% retained)

VAN:

Kasperi Kapanen
Samuel Poulin
Casey DeSmith
Conditional 1st round pick (if Pit reaches SC final otherwise a 2nd round pick)
Halak would not waive his NTC for Pittsburgh I bet. He said he doesn't want to be traded. That conditional 1st would be a guaranteed 1st. Miller has another year left on his deal, he isn't a free agent after this season. Pens don't have the pieces to make a trade for Miller.

Reactions: gianni

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I agree the proposal would need the first to be unconditional and remove Halak and DeSmith part.

Kapanen, Poulin, 1st

Maybe that's too meh for Canuck fans and I get it...BUT you all are just getting used to JR. Those are players he acquired and had an eye for. And if JR sets his sights on a guy he's not really afraid to not squeeze every drop of value.

Kapanen could be a guy he desires back. He's interesting as you can tell him and the coach are done with each other, he's pacing for roughly 40 this year but no doubt he's got talent to do way more.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Tomas Tatar was traded for a 1st,2nd and a 3rd just 6 months prior to him being included in the Pacioretty trade. Nick Suzuki was a 13th overall pick a year out from being drafted that was tracking very well at the time of the trade. And as mentioned MacPac was coming off a terrible season. The Kapanen level player isn’t really the issue, it’s the prospect which would be considered the centerpiece, that is.

I agree a ton with this. That being said look at what Reinhart went for.

Allvin and Rutherford drafted Poulin, maybe they are attached. I dunno really.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I would say reinhart Is closer to Boeser’s value. Personally I can say I am not opposed to kapanen but the offer more points to a swap with Boeser involved, not miller.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think the deal is as bad as what the reactions here are. I will suggest that if fans are expecting exceedingly more than the OP, there WILL be a spot of disappointment.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don't think the deal is as bad as what the reactions here are. I will suggest that if fans are expecting exceedingly more than the OP, there WILL be a spot of disappointment.
I mean we will find out (eventually)… some teams may also be disappointed when they don’t land a miller caliber player at the deadline too.

Reactions: SEALBound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad