Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Sidney Crosby signs extension with the Penguins (2 years, $8.7M AAV; begins 2025-26)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Some players should only ever play in one jersey. Crosby is one of them obviously some people might bash the Penguins for not trading him while he has value and getting older but he’s one of the greatest players of all time and he’s in the right to finish his career with one team. Not to mention, he still plays at a high-level.

I feel the same way about Malkin and Letang. I don't like them as much as I like Crosby, but I'm happy that they signed to stay in Pittsburgh, even though their final year(s) likely won't be worth what their cap hits are. And while I'd still cheer for any of them (even if one went to Montreal), but those three should all retire Penguins. They've done so much for this franchise for so long that seeing them in any other jersey would be a shock.

Reactions: SI90

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Absolutely no one could have seen this coming.

The only hang up with the deal was the term, and it's mostly based on Crosby being unsure of how much longer he wants to play. Everyone knew it was going to be another $8.7 million AAV.
I mean I think we all figured "87" would appear in the AAV somewhere but everyone and their dog expected over 10 million, which would still be a discount

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Besides the obvious that the 8.7 brings, that's a great deal for the Pens even at his advanced age.

Now if only McDavid would take 9.7m/yr or I'd settle for 8 years $97m. Sigh

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Only $8.7M? Holy. I thought we were gonna see something like $10.87M.

Super classy move by Sid. I hope Pittsburgh names a bridge after him when he retires.

Reactions: sanscosm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad