Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Brayden Yager signs ELC with the Penguins (3 years, $950k AAV)

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
We do have some nice young players ready to go but for some reason this management and coaching staff refuse to allow it! I’ll never understand fully.

I get it, still trying to compete, and St. Louis paid a second to get rid of Hayes, then the signing Grzelcyk (had to look up how to spell his name 3 times trying to type that). Those are two key spots to add fresh legs. At least Beauvillier and Lizotte are on the younger side, but again, two more spots taken up by players that are already known ceilings.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
Is 950 the max he can receive? If not, why nickel and dime?
Yes, $950,000 is the max he can receive, along with a max AHL salary of $82,500.

Signing bonus is a max of 10% of base salary ($95,000 max)

And then you can max out four Type A bonuses, usually related to a min of games played, a min # of points, etc... Those can be hit to max of $250,000 each up to a maximum of $1,000,000 total. Additionally, there is a second set of bonuses, usually related to performance vs league, trophy voting, etc... If someone were to run the gauntlet on league performance awards or trophy wins/voting like Ovechkin or Crosby, you can now earn a max total of $2,500,000 on those Type B bonuses.

Nice thing of course is it doesn't affect that ELC cap hit unless you hit those bonuses. Sid's ELC and cat hit was $850,000, but he obviously hit all of his bonuses and actual AAV/ CH was 3.7 Mil, I believe.

Don't know what Yagers bonus structure is, though.

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I could see on my radar a Rutger Mcgroaty for Brayden Yager deal happening :o

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I could see on my radar a Rutger Mcgroaty for Brayden Yager deal happening :o
Actually would make sense. Couple of 14th picks, yager is from the prairies so unlikely to force himself out of winnipeg.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
From Jagr to Yager...

Most of us also had a pit stop here

c1dbd91f156591fca6c6e7b3884b42ef.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He’s going to be probably a three year project. One full season in the WHL this year and a full season of the AHL next year. We’ll see where he is at from there. He has somethings to work on.
Yeah he needs to learn how to play with more juice and sticktoitiveness, like a strong professional game like Acciari. Until he learns that he will get 3-5 mins a game on the 4th line with occasional healthy scratches for weeks at a time.

It's a method Mike Sullivan has had success with. What success you ask? Destroying the will of young prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad