Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Brayden Yager signs ELC with the Penguins (3 years, $950k AAV)

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He’s not out there to get points. He’s there to give a strong shift here and there in the defensive end. The vast majority of his starts were in the defensive zone. Like over 80% and he’s also getting like 8 minutes a night. I’m not here saying he’s a superstar. I’m saying, for what it’s worth, he’s a player who doesn’t make a whole lot of mistakes, has good foot-speed, and can be a decent grinder on the forth line. He’s had solid production in the minors and I just feel like he has more to give than people give him credit for.

he is 27 and had 4 pts last year and no goals. he was -4 and brought nothing. he was awful and does not have anymore to give

Reactions: Malkinstheman

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He’s not out there to get points. He’s there to give a strong shift here and there in the defensive end. The vast majority of his starts were in the defensive zone. Like over 80% and he’s also getting like 8 minutes a night. I’m not here saying he’s a superstar. I’m saying, for what it’s worth, he’s a player who doesn’t make a whole lot of mistakes, has good foot-speed, and can be a decent grinder on the forth line. He’s had solid production in the minors and I just feel like he has more to give than people give him credit for.
Harkins was arguably the worst part of a mediocre 4th line with not one single above average NHL trait and a drag on the decent talent (Eller, O’Connor) he got any sort of minutes with higher up the lineup.

No one should be defending his time in the NHL. Your description is apt for the “good” ZAR seasons. Harkins is 27 and not a NHL caliber every day player. Like many others with “solid production in the minors”, he’s the definition of AAAA.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Harkins was arguably the worst part of a mediocre 4th line with not one single above average NHL trait and a drag on the decent talent (Eller, O’Connor) he got any sort of minutes with higher up the lineup.

No one should be defending his time in the NHL. Your description is apt for the “good” ZAR seasons. Harkins is 27 and not a NHL caliber every day player. Like many others with “solid production in the minors”, he’s the definition of AAAA.
I think the more frustrating part was that Jonathan Gruden was a far better player in that 4th line role and Vellucci trusted him far more on the PK as well, the usage of Gruden alone suggested loudly that even the blokes Sullivan tasked for big roles, didn't trust the player Sullivan continuously kept playing anyway.

Colin White was another head scratcher, he had White also in some top 6 minutes. Yet when he actually had some young players that had some top 6 upside that did well in top 6 usage, he seemingly just demoted them down the line-up for no rational reason. Harkins being defended by anyone is a f***ing bizarre take for sure. That's the running theme with Sullivan, he will give these grinder marginal NHL player types an insanely long rope while giving youth barely any. The moment Yager has a bad shift, Sullivan would, and there's a ton of evidence to back this, basically just bench him for the rest of the game or play him barely 5-7mins.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Most of us also had a pit stop here

c1dbd91f156591fca6c6e7b3884b42ef.jpg
My body and soul recoil is utter and pure terror at the sight of this blight upon mankind and the 7 level's of hell hangovers it has created.

Ad

Ad

Ad