Confirmed with Link: Pinto signed two-year, 7.5M deal. $3.75 AAV.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Can't wait to hear how Staios could have done this better.
Of course it's going to be some people out there that are always going to complain.

Well we all love Pinto I think it was the smart thing to do to go with a bridge and we may end up paying for it later but I would rather him earn his next contract then be given his next contract. I mean we could have signed him at an 8-year deal and potentially either overpaid him really badly or maybe we get a deal but you got to be careful on who you're locking up long-term.

I mean we look at Norris who was a great player but is facing some serious injury prone problems that may turn that contract into an albatross. Maybe if we just did a bridge instead we would have ourselves in a better position. These long-term deals are double-edged swords and sometimes really hand cuff you. Coming off of his suspension I didn't feel like he had that much bargaining power. He did play great and I do see him being a long-term fit with this team but I think we need to see a larger sample size of his work before we start dishing out long-term contract to him and I think if he has a really good season this year which I'm predicting you well then we can start to think about working in a larger cap hit for a contract extension.

Funny he was hanging out with Joseph and turned out that because of Joseph going elsewhere he got his money today. Well maybe not exactly but close to it. I like the price and I like the term on this it's playing it safe and after Dory on throwing everyone long-term deals we need to have these guys playing hungry for their next contracts.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Of course it's going to be some people out there that are always going to complain.

Well we all love Pinto I think it was the smart thing to do to go with a bridge and we may end up paying for it later but I would rather him earn his next contract then be given his next contract. I mean we could have signed him at an 8-year deal and potentially either overpaid him really badly or maybe we get a deal but you got to be careful on who you're locking up long-term.

I mean we look at Norris who was a great player but is facing some serious injury prone problems that may turn that contract into an albatross. Maybe if we just did a bridge instead we would have ourselves in a better position. These long-term deals are double-edged swords and sometimes really hand cuff you. Coming off of his suspension I didn't feel like he had that much bargaining power. He did play great and I do see him being a long-term fit with this team but I think we need to see a larger sample size of his work before we start dishing out long-term contract to him and I think if he has a really good season this year which I'm predicting you well then we can start to think about working in a larger cap hit for a contract extension.

Funny he was hanging out with Joseph and turned out that because of Joseph going elsewhere he got his money today. Well maybe not exactly but close to it. I like the price and I like the term on this it's playing it safe and after Dory on throwing everyone long-term deals we need to have these guys playing hungry for their next contracts.
Bridge was the way to go.. he gets that 5M salary in y2... and gets a new deal after that... Its a good bridge and he can cash in if he produces

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
On the surface this was handled well. Shane Pinto's agent got to look around and see the reality of his situation. Nobody was looking for an offer sheet of significant value. Bridge deal to get him to UFA.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like it. Gives the kid to prove himself over a full year and have a bit of security. Then next summer, we can start negotiations for a longer deal. Works for both sides.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You mean he didn't get an automatic 8x8? That's not very hot summer of you, Steve

Premener when Pierre Dorion said he wasn’t going to bolster the lineup with veterans because he had all these emerging young superstars to sign and then started the season with 19 P,Ayer’s and no Shane Pinto the crowing achievement of his drafting and loved by the fans.

It was madness

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad