Pinto opens up over his suspension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
... That's kinda the point. It's the fact that this is essentially being equated to Voynov beating the piss out of his wife.
Yeah and I’m saying you could just as easily say Voynov should have been suspended twice as long, instead of saying that this suspension is too short.

Doesn’t matter either way because the initial comparison is based on a false premise. Voynov was suspended “indefinitely” during the 2014-2015 season, which amounted to 76 games. He was later suspended an additional 82 games after that. An arbitrator later ruled that by sitting out for the full 2017-2018 season, he would be credited with 41 games games served, and would have to serve an additional 41 should he sign a contract in the NHL.

So he was actually suspended 158 games.

Which by comparison makes the Pinto suspension quite reasonable, wouldn’t you agree?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
"This message brought to you by the MGM Sports book! Where TGO and his family would place their bets!*"

* Disclaimer - please bet responsibly! Need help with a gambling problem? Please call 1-800-522-4700.

Seriously though - the difference in suspensions between this and other terrible acts, is those terrible acts do not potentially impact the integrity of the game. Voynov's domestic altercation, or Mike Richards import/export activities don't impact our corporate overlords. The gambling entities can't have their potential customers think the fix might be in, which is why NBA just banned a player (Jontay Porter) for life.
Let’s get rid of the gambling sponsors then, they’re just annoying.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Yeah and I’m saying you could just as easily say Voynov should have been suspended twice as long, instead of saying that this suspension is too short.

Doesn’t matter either way because the initial comparison is based on a false premise. Voynov was suspended “indefinitely” during the 2014-2015 season, which amounted to 76 games. He was later suspended an additional 82 games after that. An arbitrator later ruled that by sitting out for the full 2017-2018 season, he would be credited with 41 games games served, and would have to serve an additional 41 should he sign a contract in the NHL.

So he was actually suspended 158 games.

Which by comparison makes the Pinto suspension quite reasonable, wouldn’t you agree?

Nope.

Reactions: PaulD and NyQuil

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Next time just say you don’t think people should be suspended that long for gambling rather than coming up with a faux morality argument, you’ll save yourself some embarrassment
Next time read between the lines of "Let's not suspend a guy who didn't gamble on his sport as long as we suspended a wife beater".

All while ignoring that I also brought up the ridiculousness that there are certain players who deliberately intend to injure and go unchecked.

Take your dick measuring contest elsewhere, bud. Really don't give a shit if you agree. :dunno:

Reactions: PaulD and Armourboy

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Next time read between the lines of "Let's not suspend a guy who didn't gamble on his sport as long as we suspended a wife beater".

All while ignoring that I also brought up the ridiculousness that there are certain players who deliberately intend to injure and go unchecked.

Take your dick measuring contest elsewhere, bud. Really don't give a shit if you agree. :dunno:
They suspended him 1/4 as long as the wife beater. That’s the point. Have a good day.

Reactions: Reality Czech

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I don't understand why aren't players allowed to bet on different sports?

41 game suspension and for all we know it was some random bowling match on a different continent. Doesnt make sense to me

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
I don't understand why aren't players allowed to bet on different sports?

41 game suspension and for all we know it was some random bowling match on a different continent. Doesnt make sense to me
They are. Proxy betting was the nono. Tell me you didnt read the OP without telling me.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
So f***ing stupid to suspend someone for this when the league actively promotes gambling

Also Pete Rose should be in the baseball HOF while we’re at it

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto and nofehr

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They suspended him 1/4 as long as the wife beater. That’s the point. Have a good day.
Tocchet got 3 months from Bettman, and was basically a bookie.
Tocchet did take a leave of absence for 2 years, for trial, to get his ducks/ life in order.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

You certainly have a rosy way of interpreting the Voynov situation, that's for sure...

He was suspended indefinitely in 14-15 because he was actively being charged with a violent felony.

You're claiming that he "Sat out" the entire 17-18 season (It was 18-19) when the reality is that after he plead guilty in 2015, he jetted off to Russia to avoid deportation hearings. He conveniently wanted to come back once his probation was over and his conviction was dismissed in the summer of 2018. He had the option of signing in the KHL. He didn't. That's not their f***ing problem. Then he ate a 41 game suspension in 19-20 with half of it ruled "Time served".

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Ya now compare those
Basketball guy was influencing his own teams games he bet on.
No idea on NFL one.
Many NFL ones were for placing bets within team facilities. If they went across the street and did the bet they'd be fine. Gambling is potential 3rd rail for sports leagues. Its zero tolerance for violating the rules. I suspect most were just people not knowing the specific rules for betting in their league and not nefarious.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad