Rumor: Pinto and OTT not talking. Could ask for trade..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
The team lowballed him last year at the start of free agency. Then, when his suspension came down, they used it to force him into a league min contract. Why would he be happy about that?
It wasn't the first or second time his agent had a client hold out until October or later, unfortunately for Pinto he got suspended while his agent had him playing hard ball.
The Sens very easily could have said tough luck you reap what you sow see ya next year.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It wasn't the first or second time his agent had a client hold out until October or later, unfortunately for Pinto he got suspended while his agent had him playing hard ball.
The Sens very easily could have said tough luck you reap what you sow see ya next year.

How benevolent of them to offer a 20 goal scorer league min, then. You realize that Pinto is a sentient being and if they treat him like shit he'll want to leave? Just because the COULD have done something worse doesn't mean he can't be pissed at the shitty thing they did to him.

Reactions: malcb33

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
How benevolent of them to offer a 20 goal scorer league min, then. You realize that Pinto is a sentient being and if they treat him like shit he'll want to leave? Just because the COULD have done something worse doesn't mean he can't be pissed at the shitty thing they did to him.
And Pinto didn't have to go and get himself suspended. End of the day the Sens were backed into a corner and were going to need to make moves to fit in Pinto, his suspension changed that.
Are you suggesting the new management / ownership in place was supposed to reward him after missing half the season due to suspension?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
And Pinto didn't have to go and get himself suspended. End of the day the Sens were backed into a corner and were going to need to make moves to fit in Pinto, his suspension changed that.
Are you suggesting the new management / ownership in place was supposed to reward him after missing half the season due to suspension?

They never had room for him before the suspension, so I'm not sure why you are using it to justify anything. They could have either made room for someone they consider a core piece, or they could do what they did and potentially burn a very important bridge to help out their cap for half a season in a year where they were going nowhere.

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
They never had room for him before the suspension, so I'm not sure why you are using it to justify anything. They could have either made room for someone they consider a core piece, or they could do what they did and potentially burn a very important bridge to help out their cap for half a season in a year where they were going nowhere.
The league minimum contract doesn't happen if he doesn't get suspended. He got suspended, he's not owed any favors by new management. None of this means he was treated like crap. His agent is notorious for playing hard ball, and while I don't blame him, that surely doesn't mean that we have to acquiesce to his demands.

Reactions: MCR74

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Wouldn’t that be the same fate for the team that signs him?

Also, the thing needs to get signed first.
Sure, but who cares?

Sens would need to then proceed to cut caps. And need to find space to sign Ullmark a prob substantial raise. It has a huge impact

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Sure, but who cares?

Sens would need to then proceed to cut caps. And need to find space to sign Ullmark a prob substantial raise. It has a huge impact
Well, I’d like to know which teams that have the cap space to do that are willing to send over an unprotected 1st for next year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sure, but who cares?

You'll care when the Sens send a big offer sheet to your team's RFA in response.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You'll care when the Sens send a big offer sheet to your team's RFA in response.
1- Not like Ott has the cap space to do so
2- With how they have been doing lately, do you really want Ottawa to lose a 1st rder? Lol

If I am MTL I am jumping on this...

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Demidov-Pinto-Dach
Roy-Newhook-Beck

Would be lethal, and OTT cant retaliate as all our top RFA are signed LT

Reactions: MCR74

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
2- With how they have been doing lately, do you really want Ottawa to lose a 1st rder? Lol

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Demidov-Pinto-Dach
Roy-Newhook-Beck

They’re free to try. It’s July 1st.

I’m pretty sure he wants a long-term deal btw.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Demidov-Pinto-Dach
Roy-Newhook-Beck

So your team is losing a first to get pinto

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I believe you can give Pinto 8 years if you're signing him, but that will likely mean you're giving up 4 1sts as I believe for the offer sheet compensation it's based off of 5 years.

The good news is you can choose which years you give up those 4 1sts in the next 5 years.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Without looking myself, if someone came with the 1st and 3rd max offer sheet, and they match, what move(s) would the Sens make in an almost impossible world of moving cap space?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Without looking myself, if someone came with the 1st and 3rd max offer sheet, and they match, what move(s) would the Sens make in an almost impossible world of moving cap space?
The could waive Joseph and JBD and replace them with two mimimum salary players. Could do the same with Anton Forsberg.

Obviously it wouldn’t be ideal, but it would’t be impossible to get out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad