Value of: Pierre Luc Dubois

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Wouldn't Kevin Hayes and Ryan Johansen be the blueprints for such a trade?

Kevin Hayes (3 years @ 50% retained) for a 6th
Ryan Johansen (2 years) for Alex Galchenyuk
The biggest difference / gamble is PLD has SEVEN years left on his contract. And the Coyotes don't exist anymore to gobble up your bad contracts.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Don't blame you but I thought Habs wanted to add a center....He is a risk shame he just doesn't go all out game in game out
Always found he played better being a complimentary winger. He’s a beast along the boards. At this point however, he’s shown his true colours. Bailed on two teams and doesn’t give a shit with LA. No thanks for the Habs

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Yeah, just spend the Owners money and throw away $31M. Owners are billionaires and they don't really care about $31M eh? Sorry, but that is not a realistic option even if it's $31M spread over 14 years. Only way I see him being traded is for another bad contract. Two players changing teams with the hope it turns around for both players... Lucic/Neal type trade.

How about Gallagher for Dubois? Habs include Dvorak and/or Dubois with $1M of retention. Not exactly like this but a platform to discuss. We can add Harris in the deal. Decent bottom pairing D who is still improving.

Dubois for 7 years @ $7.5M
vs
Gallagher for 3 @ $6.5M
Dvorak for 1 (Habs can retain 50% to make the cap work better for next season).

Dvorak replaces Dubois at 3C and Gallagher can possibly be re united with Danault?

It's very possible both Gallagher and Dubois waive their NMC
Thats probably one of the most logical options.. however:
  • if I am an owner, I turn this down right away. 50M vs 18.5M? jees
  • Even if Dubois has a better production, his level of effort is what is frustrating. Id rather have a plug that gives his all
  • i like the rebuild effort in Mtl, in part because there seems to be a winning culture being put into place. I am concerned about Dubois types being toxic to that.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Always found he played better being a complimentary winger. He’s a beast along the boards. At this point however, he’s shown his true colours. Bailed on two teams and doesn’t give a shit with LA. No thanks for the Habs
Dubois sulks when things don't go his way. He wanted to go to Montreal. Didn't like Winnipeg, most don't. Why he finished up bad in the 'Peg. Same as Colombus, got into a dispute with coach and quit on team. Forced to go to LA. Took the big money but never wanted to be there.

He comes to Montreal, will be a beast 30 goal scorer. On a cup team he is not a first line. He's a power 60 point guy. Fit in nicely with Dach.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Let’s get all the jokes out now. Yes, it was a terrible trade for LA. Blake got fleeced and gave out a bad contract to boot. Are there any teams in the league willing to take a flier on PLD? Are there any combinations of players or potentially salary retention that would make him more palatable? I’m hopeful that tomorrow is his last game in a Kings sweater.
Vegas happily declines to offer.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If he was down to come back and cheap to acquire I'd take him back on the Jets.

KC played his best hockey on his wing playing at a 50 goal pace, and while PLD had some nights off he largely performed as a 1C for us

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Dubois sulks when things don't go his way. He wanted to go to Montreal. Didn't like Winnipeg, most don't. Why he finished up bad in the 'Peg. Same as Colombus, got into a dispute with coach and quit on team. Forced to go to LA. Took the big money but never wanted to be there.

He comes to Montreal, will be a beast 30 goal scorer. On a cup team he is not a first line. He's a power 60 point guy. Fit in nicely with Dach.
That’s the description of a locker room cancer. He’s supposed to be a pro and has never acted like it. At this point he’s earned the reputation he has

Reactions: HabsAddict

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
How are there so many Habs fans still talking about this guy? He’s a bum. At this point, we can be certain that it’s just the Quebecois angle, and absolutely nothing else. There’s no legitimate reason for such buzz about this kind of player. So dumb.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
How are there so many Habs fans still talking about this guy? He’s a bum. At this point, we can be certain that it’s just the Quebecois angle, and absolutely nothing else. There’s no legitimate reason for such buzz about this kind of player. So dumb.
To be fair, most Montreal fans are saying they want nothing to do with him

Reactions: CTHabsfan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The buyout isn’t bad at all, relatively speaking. Once cap increases start up again like they did pre-Covid, those 3-4 million years won’t be as bad as they look now. And once they clear that last 2.8 year it’s peanuts from there. It could be a lot worse- I don’t know what option is even close to this out there- who is taking on this contract in a way that beats this?

View attachment 862955

Bobby Bonila tips his cap to this.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To be fair, most Montreal fans are saying they want nothing to do with him

It's also fair that those interested are not desperate and will send other anchor contracts back. Talking about Dubois's flaws and not talking about what goes the other way is ignorance or showing bad comprehension.

Gallagher and Anderson for Dubois. This gets me talking but I want retention on Dubois. Not interested in bringing him to the Habs where his AAV is higher than Suzuki. Lower that down to $7M or $7.5M and we got a deal (for me).

* Gallagher (3 years at $6.5M)
* Anderson (3 years at $5.5M)
for
* Dubois (7 years at $8.5M)

If the Kings are willing to retain down to $7M for Dubois, I would be ok retaining 50% on Anderson for 3 years. Makes the salary close in those first 3 years (for both the Kings and Habs)

This deal has a chance to be good for both teams.
* Gallagher back with Danault
* Anderson on a new team with new energy.
* Dubois finally comes home after the Jets and Kings interfered. Slides into our top 6 and does not have to be a full time center. Plays with good talent and is MSL has him motivated.

Reactions: Miller Time

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Bobby Bonila tips his cap to this.
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day to all who celebrate

This kid is the ultimate entitled lazy albatross. He has burnt every bridge known to man. I'll never forget that article where he was explaining his choice to request trades twice. He said something like he only has a certain amount of time to play hockey and he has a right to choose where he wants to play. He doesn't realize that there's another side to that coin. You have to play well in order to play where you want. He just doesn't seem to get that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day to all who celebrate

This kid is the ultimate entitled lazy albatross. He has burnt every bridge known to man. I'll never forget that article where he was explaining his choice to request trades twice. He said something like he only has a certain amount of time to play hockey and he has a right to choose where he wants to play. He doesn't realize that there's another side to that coin. You have to play well in order to play where you want. He just doesn't seem to get that.

Asked out of Columbus and likely wanted to come home to Montreal. Jets interfered.

Told the Jets he will not extend and his agent said he would like to play for the Habs one day. Kings interfered.

That's two bridges but bridges he didn't want to cross but was forced too. However, he could have rejected the Kings extension and forced a 1 year RFA deal. He took the money because the Habs were not paying that trade price and certainly not going to pay him more than Suzuki. He came to grips with that and thought LA would be a good landing spot. Then LA played him 3rd line spreading out their talent. :laugh:

I blame the Jets, Kings, and Dubois on this mess. Lots of blame to go around there. When Dubois plays with actual top 6 talent, he produces. He showed up well with Canada at the last WC's... imagine that... playing with talent. Dubois is not entirely innocent or consistent, and I agree with that, but he's also being targeted which compiles the problems.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Asked out of Columbus and likely wanted to come home to Montreal. Jets interfered.

Told the Jets he will not extend and his agent said he would like to play for the Habs one day. Kings interfered.

That's two bridges but bridges he didn't want to cross but was forced too. However, he could have rejected the Kings extension and forced a 1 year RFA deal. He took the money because the Habs were not paying that trade price and certainly not going to pay him more than Suzuki. He came to grips with that and thought LA would be a good landing spot. Then LA played him 3rd line spreading out their talent. :laugh:

I blame the Jets, Kings, and Dubois on this mess. Lots of blame to go around there. When Dubois plays with actual top 6 talent, he produces. He showed up well with Canada at the last WC's... imagine that... playing with talent. Dubois is not entirely innocent or consistent, and I agree with that, but he's also being targeted which compiles the problems.
he was moved up and down the Kings lineup and didnt produce anywhere. worse yet, he took more nights off than not and floated 90% of the time. lizzotte is probably a full 12 inches shorter and plays harder than PLD, dude has no heart

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
he was moved up and down the Kings lineup and didnt produce anywhere. worse yet, he took more nights off than not and floated 90% of the time. lizzotte is probably a full 12 inches shorter and plays harder than PLD, dude has no heart
I can't remember seeing a case like Dubois

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I can't remember seeing a case like Dubois
to steelman him, he went to a new team this year in a restrictive system, dealt with a coaching change 2/3 of the way through and is only 25. he's been a 60 point guy before and has a huge frame but unfortunately most days he couldnt possibly care less. he was dynamic and engaged at the IIHF WC and put up 9 points in 10 games which is even more confusing. WHAT DO YOU WANT, PLD ?! the potential is clearly there....my cope is that he will do better next year under Hiller with a (hopefully) better system

Reactions: funky

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
to steelman him, he went to a new team this year in a restrictive system, dealt with a coaching change 2/3 of the way through and is only 25. he's been a 60 point guy before and has a huge frame but unfortunately most days he couldnt possibly care less. he was dynamic and engaged at the IIHF WC and put up 9 points in 10 games which is even more confusing. WHAT DO YOU WANT, PLD ?! the potential is clearly there....my cope is that he will do better next year under Hiller with a (hopefully) better system
At this point I think that is our only hope.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Trouba 1 for 1
A gazillion times no
Troub at 6.5 + 2024 3rd gets 2 2nds and signif cap relief

No, we will take on the risk and albatross of pld on the following conditions ONLY

Shesty
Othmann
Sykora

for

Byfield
pld at half

can fiddle at the edges but
as for core pieces, that's it, otherwise not interested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad