Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
eb04f5870fabfd7c4e10ec3d3515f34d
Wonder what ever happened to this person

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I don't understand the hate directed to these quotes...

Guy is pretty self aware that he doesn't operate well unless he is given very specific instructions, and admits he has been trying to work on it.

But if you're an NHL club, you really don't want to have to give that detailed of information to players. He has effectively ended his career (at least after this contract).

• Haha
Reactions: Sol

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Guy is pretty self aware that he doesn't operate well unless he is given very specific instructions, and admits he has been trying to work on it.

But if you're an NHL club, you really don't want to have to give that detailed of information to players. He has effectively ended his career (at least after this contract).
Every player gets direction and if they need more that's what assistant coaches do basically on a daily basis with the coach taking on a broader scope of it.

So he got direction, but he needed more and instead of asking for it, he made assumptions and some gray area bullshit. He expects to be handheld through every decision the coach makes and that's just ridiculous. At that level, you should have an understanding of what your coach wants from you with practices and well, literally discussions.

There's also the issue of maybe he's just a very dim bulb with talent and now that he needs to adjust the brightness, he's incapable of it and his talent won't let him get away with it anymore.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He rightfully gets ragged on for being lazy but tbh I just don't think there's all that much there. He was talked about for years as a full package center that could put the parts together at any moment but I never saw it. Definitely an element of wasted potential but to me he's simply not that good. RyJo was another one, although he at least had hands.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I appreciate his self-awareness, I truly do. I don't hate the human. Like I said, I actually liked him more off the ice as a result of all this. And I don't just mean as a joke, haha.

But buddy--they literally instituted a gold-star system for him and Rob Blake him f***ing self went down on the ice to work with him. Coaches and teams good and bad from coast to coast and country to country of various styles and statures have tried to save him from himself.

But the hate comes from--if he's truly working on it--it doesn't at ALL show on the ice. He immediately surpassed JR as my most-hated on-ice king of all time for the less-than-zero effort. Dude was an outright liability at nearly all times not because of talent but heart. The dissonance between the talent and results is one thing but the complete lack of engagement is something I've quite literally never seen in the NHL for more than a game or two at most.

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I appreciate his self-awareness, I truly do. I don't hate the human. Like I said, I actually liked him more off the ice as a result of all this. And I don't just mean as a joke, haha.

But buddy--they literally instituted a gold-star system for him and Rob Blake him f***ing self went down on the ice to work with him. Coaches and teams good and bad from coast to coast and country to country of various styles and statures have tried to save him from himself.

But the hate comes from--if he's truly working on it--it doesn't at ALL show on the ice. He immediately surpassed JR as my most-hated on-ice king of all time for the less-than-zero effort. Dude was an outright liability at nearly all times not because of talent but heart. The dissonance between the talent and results is one thing but the complete lack of engagement is something I've quite literally never seen in the NHL for more than a game or two at most.
His most memorable games were the ones when he got in trouble trying to start shit with other teams if only because it looked like he kind of gave a shit for an hour.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Has no work ethic. Blames everything and everyone but himself. He's past the point of saving. He'd likely be out of the league or fighting for a job if he didn't have that contract. I don't know what WASH were thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad