Pierre Luc Dubois explains for his poor performance in L.A.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
This could start to make sense if he had actually put in effort and just not played as well as he could but the effort just wasn’t there and there’s no excuse for that.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don’t like PLD and I’m still iffy about the trade as a Caps fan. It’s a risky move with 7 years left on the deal compared to whatever was left of Kuemper’s contract.

The only encouraging part in PLD’s comments is that he recognizes being part of the problem at least. Now the next step is for him to realize that he is almost 100% the problem.

If he can’t realize that, he’ll be out of Washington quickly as well.
Thinking he will be bought out, long before the end of that contract.....the guy never fits anywhere.

His agent must be one smart cookie though, to get him some serious money each contract even though he has never seemed to earn it....he will go down, as one of those, what could have been.
Lacks the drive to be a good player.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
He's admitting of being a low IQ player who needs to be micromanaged. Is the Caps coach the type to tell every player what they should do at any given time?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
My dude, your optimal style of hockey is literally just skate hard, hit people, and drive the net. It's not that complicated. You aren't that skilled. Just play hard-nosed hockey.
Yup. The best indicator of PLD playing his game is when he’s drawing penalties.

His “float around on the periphery and try to make skilled plays” game is so ineffective he may as well not even be on the ice.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
You just know the Habs will be the final furlong of the crash and burn tour he has piloted.

Saying that I recall him showing a lot of leg to Montreal claiming he wanted to move there only to sign on in LA. Always wondered why that move to his boyhood team never happened.

The full article gets into it a bit more (albeit pretty much as he did once the trade to LA happened). There was mutual interest between both parties but LA were a lot more hot on his trail than Montreal was. The Kings wanted him more (per his own words). Besides it was reported by Portzline out of Columbus that the reason he requested a trade out of there was to try to force a move to Montreal.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
here is the orginal French article for anyone who wants to what he actually said. some of the translations seem a little off

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Definitely not defending the guy, said from the outset I would never sign him to a contract, but people shouldn't totally disregard the needing clear input from the coach about what he wants done.

One of Tolvanen's biggest complaints after he got to Seattle was that Hynes never gave him clear direction as to what he wanted him to play, what role he wanted him to play, etc. I think we see from his play in Seattle that having that seemed to help his game.

Now we are talking the difference between a 4 million dollar player and 8.5 million dollar player, but I get the feeling some of these coaches just expect these guys to get it through osmosis and some people just aren't built that way.

I've worked with a lot of really good people in my life but some of them just needed constant direction, however, if you gave it to them they were awesome. He may just be a guy that needs things pointed out and well defined.

Now like I said, I always viewed him as RyJo 2.0, although at least I think some of RyJo issues were due to injuries at least.

Reactions: Toene

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
here is the orginal French article for anyone who wants to what he actually said. some of the translations seem a little off

PLD repping McKiernan's in that picture. I have the same shirt lol that they gave to some of our office for free. The restaurant is attached to my office. Good place.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Definitely not defending the guy, said from the outset I would never sign him to a contract, but people shouldn't totally disregard the needing clear input from the coach about what he wants done.

One of Tolvanen's biggest complaints after he got to Seattle was that Hynes never gave him clear direction as to what he wanted him to play, what role he wanted him to play, etc. I think we see from his play in Seattle that having that seemed to help his game.

Now we are talking the difference between a 4 million dollar player and 8.5 million dollar player, but I get the feeling some of these coaches just expect these guys to get it through osmosis and some people just aren't built that way.

I've worked with a lot of really good people in my life but some of them just needed constant direction, however, if you gave it to them they were awesome. He may just be a guy that needs things pointed out and well defined.

Now like he said, I always viewed him as RyJo 2.0, although at least I think some of RyJo issues were due to injuries at least.
If you're not given clear direction, maybe you should ask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad