Phoenix LXXXIX: If you don't approve it, we must move it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
RSE has to close the transaction by August 5th and receive approval by BOG in order for the deal with CoG to happen.

Oh boy.

Einstein Theory

Dec 22, 2010
RSE has to close the transaction by August 5th and receive approval by BOG in order for the deal with CoG to happen.

Oh boy.

This ain't your father's CoG! These guys have a little bite to them :handclap:

In all honesty, its perfectly reasonable for CoG to make sure they are dealing with the ACTUAL owners of the team, and not just a bunch of fan-boy-wanna-be owners.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
question how does the city's opt out clause have an affect on the sale's financing?

no idea but the real question is who will lose $50 million first. if Glendale spends $15 million and say only gets $2 million back in revenues instead of the $7-8.5 RSE says they can get, they "lose" 6.5 a year in 5 years they lose $32+/- million ($6.5 they spend without an NHL team- supposedly). Does RSE lose $50 million in 5 years time (I know - I know - a segment believes that's a certainty).

If RSE is going to lose $50 million in the first 5 years, CoG won't lose $50 million in 5 years, so that "out" will not come into play. On the other hand, if RSE loses $40 million in 5 years, they can't opt out. So if Glendale after 6 or 7 or up to 14 years has "lost" $50 million... can they opt out? Sounds like it if RSE accepts that.

If they do opt out, RSE can make Fortress whole quite easily, as long as Gary makes sure we don't expand to Quebec City and Hamilton before then. They can sell the team to one of them in 8 years for $400 million and the NHL can charge a $60 million location fee if it wants to then.

Fortress will get their money back if this buyer winds up opting out or having the city opt out years down the line. (assuming this goes through which is at this point a really huge leap of faith assumption, imo).

GF

Nov 4, 2012
Originally Posted by CasualFan
Did you want to trade and sway?

Start here: Schedule A; Page 3

Then here: Same schedule/page. See any names that sound familiar?

Knaack has some friends also.

Now take this Schedule A @ Pg 5

And then this Letter

Tell me if you see a pattern.

Am I reading wrong, but did those guys sold out their votes for 430$/each?? :amazed:

That's absolutely disgusting. I mean come on, bankrupting your city, firing firemen, closing libraries for what? 430$? :shakehead

Please CF, tell me I'm wrong! :help:

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
So it would seem the NHL rather then embracing RSE may set then up to fail to buy the NHL another year for better relocation options.

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013
Counter Proposal? Assuming this is legit and more than a couple tweaks, might shed new light on the vote Tuesday-particularly if they take the tone to RSE: Accept the deal with tweaks and we can come to an agreement. Possibly might explain partially how there could be a couple of "yes" votes, if indeed they are basing it on a counter offer acceptance. CF's detective work also a wonderous part of the puzzle ;)

Odd, though considering the RSE deal was their "final offer"-CoG have the chutzpah to put out a counter proposal for a final offer?

An interesting gambit.

Messier by the minute. Might make for a nice thread title.

CasualFan

Tortious Beadicus
Nov 27, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Am I reading wrong, but did those guys sold out their votes for 430$/each?? :amazed:

That's absolutely disgusting. I mean come on, bankrupting your city, firing firemen, closing libraries for what? 430$? :shakehead

Please CF, tell me I'm wrong! :help:

Not at all. I am not insinuating that anyone sold anything. What it does is demonstrate support and influence and draws lines between council factions. There is nothing illegal or improper about any of it. It is just a data element to put into a probability matrix.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
So it would seem the NHL rather then embracing RSE may set then up to fail to buy the NHL another year for better relocation options.

Hmmm.

Gary says "Vote yes on Tuesday or Yotes "may not be there"

CoG Votes Yes on Tuesday

RSE unable to finish deal by Aug 5, too late for relocation...

Yotes are back in Glendale for one more year while NHL sorts out relocation options for 2014-15, thus fulfilling my prediction of one more year.....:handclap:

So, then does that mean NHL manages arena for one more year, or does CoG pick another manager and force NHL to "pay rent" to manager?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
A lot of these provisions seem to have been negotiated already (i.e. arena naming rights @ 20% vs 15%, etc.) May just be waiting to finalize them.

GF

Nov 4, 2012
Not at all. I am not insinuating that anyone sold anything. What it does is demonstrate support and influence and draws lines between council factions. There is nothing illegal or improper about any of it. It is just a data element to put into a probability matrix.

Yeah, you didn't say they did, that's me.

But when we wonder why city council would vote for a totally bogus deal for their city and then you find out they received 430$ from the attorneys representing the client that's offering the said bogus deal to the city, it's hard not to connect the dot.

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium