Phoenix LXXXIX: If you don't approve it, we must move it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
@brahmresnik
#Glendale staffer says finished RSE proposal review at 2 am today. Putting counter proposal to RSE online by 5 pm

Counter proposal? So what they are voting on Tuesday may not be accepted by RSE?

Counter Proposal? Assuming this is legit and more than a couple tweaks, might shed new light on the vote Tuesday-particularly if they take the tone to RSE: Accept the deal with tweaks and we can come to an agreement. Possibly might explain partially how there could be a couple of "yes" votes, if indeed they are basing it on a counter offer acceptance. CF's detective work also a wonderous part of the puzzle ;)

Odd, though considering the RSE deal was their "final offer"-CoG have the chutzpah to put out a counter proposal for a final offer?

An interesting gambit.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
6 in favor can you explain that why such a low number.

When Gary Bettman assumed office in the early 90's, he began creating a number of By-Laws that he formulated to essentially end run the NHL's Constitution in consolidating & centralizing power. Some of the By-Laws were created to provide cover against possible accusations of anti-trust, others crafted to require minimum numbers on votes of far less than the majority in forming policy, in approving various mechanizations including ownership approval procedures.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
okay Time out so what is going to be voted on tuesday is not what they are proposing to the RSE now?

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
Counter Proposal? Assuming this is legit and more than a couple tweaks, might shed new light on the vote Tuesday-particularly if they take the tone to RSE: Accept the deal with tweaks and we can come to an agreement.

Odd, though considering the RSE deal was their "final offer"-CoG have the chutzpah to put out a counter proposal for a final offer?

An interesting gambit.

This way CoG shifts most of the blame on RSE...

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Counter Proposal? Assuming this is legit and more than a couple tweaks, might shed new light on the vote Tuesday-particularly if they take the tone to RSE: Accept the deal with tweaks and we can come to an agreement.

An interesting gambit.

CoG now shall stand from now on for "Chutzpah of Glendale"!

I love it!

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Ahhhhh....

This wraps it all into a nice neat little bow. :naughty:

So we all knew Knaack and Sherwood were in the same 'yes' camp. And no surprise here, they have common contributors. That's 2 'yes' votes locked up

Manny Martinez has always been a 'yes' man. You can count on his 'yes' - so that's 3 votes now for 'yes'.

Thanks to your sleuth skills, we find that a contributor to Sammy Chavira is none other than the attorney working for RSE - that's four votes

Check and check-mate :D

Norma and the mayor will be the only 2 no votes

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Counter Proposal? Assuming this is legit and more than a couple tweaks, might shed new light on the vote Tuesday-particularly if they take the tone to RSE: Accept the deal with tweaks and we can come to an agreement. Possibly might explain partially how there could be a couple of "yes" votes, if indeed they are basing it on a counter offer acceptance. CF's detective work also a wonderous part of the puzzle ;)

An interesting gambit.

There's always another offer...

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
okay i am so lost. What's the propose of the counter proposal. Trying to get it to where RSE will not agree to it so they can vote no on it?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
My calendar says its still June 28th right now...

My point was they don't have time to be messing with the deal if they want it voted on the 2nd. If they are making a final offer to RSE and have to get it posted by 5pm today. How would they know if RSE agrees to it or not by the 2nd.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
talking about 5 year out but ignoring 17.1.1.1 "leave at any time during due diligence"

Coyote fans deserve better than these iceclowns

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
My point was they don't have time to be messing with the deal if they want it voted on the 2nd. If they are making a final offer to RSE and have to get it posted by 5pm today. How would they know if RSE agrees to it or not by the 2nd.

In the business world this isnt even close to the "last minute." You should know that from the CBA negotiations. Not to mention its not even 2 PM in Glendale right now.

Although I'm not quite sure where talk of a counter-proposal started? They havent mentioned that yet. According to them, COG's out clause was in RSE's latest offer.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Don't give HF Boards any ideas :laugh:

:laugh:

You mean like:
"Show how much a fan you really are! Today's special - 10 Posts for a dollar! Today only. That's a 50% savings over our regular price!"

If HF had been collecting $1 for every 10 posts to these Phx threads and forking it over to Jamison he could have paid cash for the team a few months back (slight exaggeration I know).

:)

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
In the business world this isnt even close to the "last minute." You should know that from the CBA negotiations. Not to mention its not even 2 PM in Glendale right now.

Although I'm not quite sure where talk of a counter-proposal started? They havent mentioned that yet. According to them, COG's out clause was in RSE's latest offer.

Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1m
Both the #Coyotes and #Glendale can opt out if either loses $50 million, city attorney says. Team has not agreed to city opt out clause yet

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011

@brahmresnik
#Glendale staffer says finished RSE proposal review at 2 am today. Putting counter proposal to RSE online by 5 pm

^ I posted this on the last page.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
@brahmresnik

^ I posted this on the last page.

I saw that, but no one has said "counter proposal" in this session thus far.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1m
Both the #Coyotes and #Glendale can opt out if either loses $50 million, city attorney says. Team has not agreed to city opt out clause yet

See, the optics to me here say this: that both parties effectively are prepared to keep the Yotes until 50 million in losses happen, which could happen in a short amount of time, pretty much the amount of time (or close enough) that certain cities with arena situations of being built or talked about being built will be built then, at that time the Yotes will go to one and possibly expansion to the other (as well as a 3rd making it 32 teams)

ERGO: They're agreeing to placehold the Yotes for a couple of more years-that's my cynical take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad