Post-Game Talk: Philly @ The Washington Anthony Manthanys | 7p ET | NBCSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
cut.jpg
Guess he was the first player that sucks to ever win the cup!

Good for him

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Shattenkirk saga still drives me nuts. He and Schmidt would have been an outstanding third pair but Trotz gonna Trotz. Didn't we try playing him on his offhand too or am I making stuff up in my head?
Shattenkirk always played his natural side for the Capitals. Schmidt played some RD while Shattenkirk was suspended. Then there was obviously the scratching Schmidt in favor of the gimpy Alzner thing in the playoffs.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Guess he was the first player that sucks to ever win the cup!

Good for him
Or, you know, he doesn't actually suck and can be quite a useful player when put in a position to succeed like he was in Tampa. He may not be the Norris-contender that some tried to bill him as when Washington acquired him or when New York paid a bajillion dollars for him, but he's an effective D who belongs in the NHL.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Or, you know, he doesn't actually suck and can be quite a useful player when put in a position to succeed like he was in Tampa. He may not be the Norris-contender that some tried to bill him as when Washington acquired him or when New York paid a bajillion dollars for him, but he's an effective D who belongs in the NHL.
Players have some agency in these stories too, you know. If you take the bajillion dollars to be the guy, you are on the hook for being the guy. NYR were stupid to think he could be that and the Caps used him poorly too, but it's fair for fans and other observers to be disappointed when a player accepts a role he can't fill.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

He's always just #Shatdeuces to me.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If I could swindle a billionaire out of millions of dollars by saying I was qualified for a job that I wasn’t qualified for, I’d do it just like Shattenkirk did.

In fact, I think it was his duty to take that money from the Rangers, and laugh his way all the way to the bank.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
If I could swindle a billionaire out of millions of dollars by saying I was qualified for a job that I wasn’t qualified for, I’d do it just like Shattenkirk did.

In fact, I think it was his duty to take that money from the Rangers, and laugh his way all the way to the bank.
I have no problem with him taking that contract with the Rangers.

In fact, I loved it. It was great watching him get paid all that money only to play horribly for them. Very amusing, especially since the NYR Corsi Crew would lose their minds arguing that he was a better player than Carlson for years on the main board.

Reactions: Calicaps

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Jeff Schultz was in the AHL for the bulk of the Kings' 2014 Cup season. He got 7 games in the playoffs, which was enough that they put his name on the Cup.

Shattenkirk was playing about ~20 minutes per night in the Ligthning Cup run, and recorded 13 points in 25 playoff games. Pretty huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad