Phillip Broberg

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Holloway and Broberg were a big part of the oilers depth in the playoffs last year. Can see why they didn't match, but quants aren't great gms.
Anyone can see why they didn't match. It's a harder thing to understand why the Oilers tried to lowball them after they had run out of cap space instead of signing their RFAs then see how much cap space they had left and leave themselves vulnerable to offer sheets.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
The Oilers have always been like this.

Taylor Hall-Eberle were notoriously cliqueish. I think it's partly because ownership treats certain players like royalty insofar as the favoritism will breed contempt among players.
That’s the vibe I get, an organizational culture of hero-worship. I’m not overly concerned about this year’s slow start but I’m a bit skeptical of their ability to replicate last year’s deep run. I just think success in dysfunctional organizations is rare, and when achieved tends to be fleeting rather than sustained.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone can see why they didn't match. It's a harder thing to understand why the Oilers tried to lowball them after they had run out of cap space instead of signing their RFAs then see how much cap space they had left and leave themselves vulnerable to offer sheets.
They ran out of cap space for *checks notes* Arvidsson and his *checks notes again* 3 assists he collected just tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad