Is Lukas Dostal Quietly Elite?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leading the NHL in GSAx per Moneypuck. Has a .936 SV%.

Has kept his head above water (.904 SV% in 72 NHL games) on a bad Ducks team the past couple of years and has put up elite numbers prior to the NHL.

I thought when he was making his way through after being drafted that he projected to be like Carter Hart once he reached his prime (Dostal is now 24, so getting close to it). Hart may be a taboo name to mention, but it looks like Dostal could have the better career when all is said and done.

Snap

Mar 7, 2024
Has been doing well enough this year, even last year had bright spots. Giving the Ducks a chance to win everytime he starts which is saying something. Young inexperienced team in front of him. The Ducks could be a wagon in a few years once their young guys figure everything out.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Leading the NHL in GSAx per Moneypuck. Has a .936 SV%.

Has kept his head above water (.904 SV% in 72 NHL games) on a bad Ducks team the past couple of years and has put up elite numbers prior to the NHL.

I thought when he was making his way through after being drafted that he projected to be like Carter Hart once he reached his prime (Dostal is now 24, so getting close to it). Hart may be a taboo name to mention, but it looks like Dostal could have the better career when all is said and done.
Well, at this point, Dostal is the only one with a career.

Additionally, is your sample size for “elite” 5 games? Because holy shit are there so many “elite” players in the NHL.

potatopieee

Sep 23, 2018
Dostal's been hung out to dry this season and the ducks managed to be 3-1-1 with him in net. Last year he had two games with over 50 saves. (vs toronto and new jersey)

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Remember this from last year?

1000000550.png

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe.

I wanted him for the Habs. I can only recall his game against the Habs last year where he gave up 5 and the Habs looked good, but Dostal was why it didn't get to 7, or 8 and thought he played despite giving up 5

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s certainly up there with any elite young goaltending property there is out there. This isn’t 5 game sample of a 30 year-old backup. Dostal has been one of the best goalie prospects in the league for a while, was very good last year as a rookie for the Ducks and he was stellar in winning the World Championships with Czechia in the summer.

Comparing him to Lyon or Lankinen because “5-games” is a complete over-simplification. His start is a just a continuation of really promising development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad