Phillip Broberg

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don't think it's that simple though. Broberg had asked for a trade last year and sounded like he was playing hardball with his contract ask. He hadn't really shown anything with the Oilers, save a decent playoff run with exceptionally high PDO.

I'm sure he'll be a good player for a long time with the Blues though knowing our luck
Oilers think tank: "exceptionally high PDO=he sucks really bad"

Rich coming from the fan of a team whose biggest flaw is also defense
We still got defense, Deharnais, Brannstrom, Forbort and signed Hronek and Myers. What did Oilers do? Get rid of Broberg, Ceci, Deharnais and bring in a rookie to replace them and the guy who they didnt play all playoffs last season in Stecher.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sometimes team management makes mistakes. Sometimes they're big mistakes.
This is one of those.
I knew Bowman would screw it up worst than Holland. I thought they couldnt hire someone worst than Holland but they did. Only other person that would have been worst would have been Benning.

Reactions: Fatass

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver

We still got defense, Deharnais, Brannstrom, Forbort and signed Hronek and Myers. What did Oilers do? Get rid of Broberg, Ceci, Deharnais and bring in a rookie to replace them and the guy who they didnt play all playoffs last season in Stecher.
Yes the Desharnais that the Oilers let walk because he wasn't able to move the puck well enough, which is precisely the bottom 4 Canucks D problem. Forbort is the same thing, big slow can't move the puck. Brannstrom is literally as unproven as it gets, his old team basically didn't let him play and let him go. Can't really argue you're improved when you don't have the evidence to back it up. And we all know how much everyone hated on Myers for the last several years. Soucy is good I'll give them that.

Stecher also didn't play in the playoffs because he had ankle surgery. He's actually been really solid this year since, good bottom pair guy. Really shows how much you know, try looking past your bias once in a while.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
This just in: JackJohnson still has no idea what people mean when they talk about PDO and how anomalous statistics tend to normalize over large enough sample sizes. Even after a year and multiple lengthy 'time outs' from HF, he still can't piece it together. Well done!

• Haha
Reactions: jackjohnson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad