Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This Cleveland Detroit game is phenomenal. Its weird seeing so many professional at-bats after watching the Phillies.

RBI #5 on the day for Lane Thomas

The Guardians only gave up their #8, #22, and an unranked prospect for him at the deadline. The Phillies could have matched that AND kept Seranthony who may have helped with Hoffman imploding. Unfortunately, Dombrowski felt like THIS about Austin Hays.

This dude sucks.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
9-0 final

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Omg! It's 6-0
Maybe it's part copium, but seeing the Dodgers steamroll the Mets kind of makes it feel like "Yea, Phillies wouldn't have fared much better." lol

Dodgers came into the year with the better team. Just had a lot more key injuries than the Phillies hurt them in the regular season.

Of course that doesn't really make it feel much more optimistic about 2025. Especially if another Japanese phenom, pitcher Roki Sasaki is posted and as expected goes to the Dodgers (he can't sign a full FA deal and falls under prospect signing pool)

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The Dodgers haven't allowed a run in over 30 innings. Nobody is beating them as is currently.

Aged well.

This Mets team gets just enough out of their regular starters to keep it close (yesterday's Senga fiasco being the exception) and then devours bullpens once they get there. I think yesterday's loss was a result of the early deficit changing their approach—but that scoreless inning streak for the Dodgers was primarily a result of a Padres team that behaved as badly at the plate as the Phillies did.

Unless the Mets seriously blow this game (and they're the Mets, so they could), they look like they'll be taking a split into 3 straight home games with a pretty big starting pitching advantage.

Ain't the Kelces from Cleveland?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Aged well.

This Mets team gets just enough out of their regular starters to keep it close (yesterday's Senga fiasco being the exception) and then devours bullpens once they get there. I think yesterday's loss was a result of the early deficit changing their approach—but that scoreless inning streak for the Dodgers was primarily a result of a Padres team that behaved as badly at the plate as the Phillies did.

Unless the Mets seriously blow this game (and they're the Mets, so they could), they look like they'll be taking a split into 3 straight home games with a pretty big starting pitching advantage.

Losers...all of them
The Phils haven’t won the World Series since ‘08 because she hasn’t sang the national anthem since. It’s a wrong that must be righted.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Aged well.

Alot of pressure is on Yamamoto Wednesday though he did just pitch 5 shutout innings in an elimination game. I don't think the Mets have a significant starting pitcher advantages for those 3 games. This game they definitely did as it was a bullpen game. Either way I see this finishing one wat back in LA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad