Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 Continues Into Red October (2024 Edition)

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
For sure. But the comments are kind of ridiculous imo. The amount of pressure this lineup has put on the pitching staff all series is the biggest issue by far.
offense is also a major part of it. So is the bullpen. but Rob shouldn't be given a pass and shares in the blame. Hoffman was left in too long and that is a bugaboo for Thompson it seems

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
Team is gonna get killed by the media & fans. Rightfully so. Outside of like Wheeler, Sanchez, & I guess the guys that didn’t play all nobody should be off limits.
After this performance they are going to have to earn it back. I think they need a little philly hate to wake them up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Team is gonna get killed by the media & fans. Rightfully so. Outside of like Wheeler, Sanchez, & I guess the guys that didn’t play all nobody should be off limits.
It should be open season on everyone in the lineup all winter.

They collectively were terrible and it's long past time for them to hear about it. The bottom of the lineup basically never showed up.

Changes have to be made. Guys need to be traded. This isn't working.

offense is also a major part of it. So is the bullpen. but Rob shouldn't be given a pass and shares in the blame. Hoffman was left in too long and that is a bugaboo for Thompson it seems
Rob shouldnt matter because he shouldn't be the manager after this weekend

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Take away the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th innings of game 2 and this has to be one of the most pitiful playoff series for an offense.

Thompson will be gone. Maybe it isn’t totally the manager’s fault but someone will need to appease the fanbase’s call for heads

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Harper is a choke artist
Trea is absolutely worthless at the plate
Casty is at best serviceable must most of the time complete ass
Schwarber is good for one big hit a week and then turns into a passenger
Bohm, Stott, JT, Marsh, Rojas, Hayes... Each of them are so collectively terrible at the plate you assume it's an automatic out every time they are up, and this series you would be right about 95% of the time

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The bullpen is giving up runs because he's absolutely killed their confidence by consistently hanging them out to dry by being too slow to react, and destroying the confidence of anyone coming in by handing them absolutely terrible situations where one mistake puts up multiple runs against.

I fully admit it might not have even mattered with the way the bullpen has pitched but at least give me the attempt & go down swinging. The Mets didn’t really have to work hard there, they let Hoffman beat himself up with his inability to command his pitches.

I’m not even a big blame the manager guy because I don’t really think it matters that much but Thompson is gonna get some heat for that & rightfully so.

Someone's gonna have to pay the price, and the coaches and manager are going to be the first ones. The team played this season in the reverse they had the previous two, starting hot, and barely over .500 in the second half. People will complain about the week off - and it being baseball, I do not like it because having a week off is not baseball. They have done other things as well - why is Stott a part time hitter against lefties. And if he is that, then I'm not so sure he has a place.

The players will share, but which ones are going to get thrown out the door? Your 8 and 9 hitters? Half of bullpens turn over every year anyways.

Team is gonna get killed by the media & fans. Rightfully so. Outside of like Wheeler, Sanchez, & I guess the guys that didn’t play at all nobody should be off limits.
Starting pitching largely delivered. Ranger has obviously been shaky, but he goes into the 5th and doesn't give up a run. Painter comes back in next year, finally.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad