Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What a feeble performance tonight against one of the worst teams in the league. They should be embarrassed.

I just want to add that im very dissapointed with Harpers lack of leadership for this group. I guess theres a reason everyone on the team referred to Hoskins as the clubhouse leader. Harper appears to have some Embiid in him where he sulks when things arent going well and then it rubs off on the team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I just know by the weekend WIP is going to put together a “Give a standing ovation for the entire first inning!” To get this team going.

They should boo them. They haven’t been a good baseball team for like two months now. They’re too talented to be this bad & they’re paid too much money to be this bad as well. Enough is enough at some point.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They should boo them. They haven’t been a good baseball team for like two months now. They’re too talented to be this bad & they’re paid too much money to be this bad as well. Enough is enough at some point.
They should but this city has gone soft since LII.

Which “funny” enough is the exact point all this weird shit started happening.

What I’m trying to say is Howie sold this city’s soul to the devil.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Over the last month since July 13th the Phillies have the 2nd worst record in baseball at 7-17. The only team worse is the White Sox who are 2-21...

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The Phillies really have an interesting approach to batting

Option 1: swing at the first pitch
Option 2: eventually strike out
And this is what I am talking about when I say the coaches aren't doing a f***ing thing. You can coach the guys to change their mindset at the plate. You can shake up the lineup. There are levers that Topper and the coaches can pull and we aren't seeing any of it happening.

I don't know how you can look at this and say any of them should return next year. The team gets into a funk and the coaches have sat on their hands allowing it to be a complete death spiral. That's pure incompetence.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The fact that they came back from that trip after getting killed the last two games and they went down so weakly tonight raises so many questions. Granted, Taijuan starting this game they were always going to fall behind early but they looked lifeless out there. Need to get back to playing close to at least .500 baseball soon cause if they continue on this trajectory they have been on for the past month they will miss the playoffs. These are supposed to be the easy games, schedule after this is really difficult for the most part.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Like everything in life, it's the Flyers fault
Always has been!
The fact that they came back from that trip after getting killed the last two games and they went down so weakly tonight raises so many questions. Granted, Taijuan starting this game they were always going to fall behind early but they looked lifeless out there. Need to get back to playing close to at least .500 baseball soon cause if they continue on this trajectory they have been on for the past month they will miss the playoffs. These are supposed to be the easy games, schedule after this is really difficult for the most part.
We can revisit my post here in a month and a half but… I don’t think they’re in any danger of missing the playoffs. I’m not sure the Braves or Mets can or will catchup.

What they are staring down, as you know, is a short Wild Card series where they’ll get bounced. They’re 1.5 back from the Dodgers now for the best record in NL with Brewers on their heels. Luckily basically everyone besides the NL West has played terrible (not as bad as Phillies, obviously)

Although, I’ll admit, the lulz of getting chased down by the Braves only to beat them in a Wild Card series would be kind of funny when the dust settled.

Reactions: Halladay and Danko

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Always has been!

We can revisit my post here in a month and a half but… I don’t think they’re in any danger of missing the playoffs. I’m not sure the Braves or Mets can or will catchup.

What they are staring down, as you know, is a short Wild Card series where they’ll get bounced. They’re 1.5 back from the Dodgers now for the best record in NL with Brewers on their heels. Luckily basically everyone besides the NL West has played terrible (not as bad as Phillies, obviously)

Although, I’ll admit, the lulz of getting chased down by the Braves only to beat them in a Wild Card series would be kind of funny when the dust settled.
I do think they will win the division though crawl to finish. It would be a total embarrassment to get caught by Atlanta with all their injuries this year. The troubling part is they have had the 2nd worst record in baseball for a month and alot of these games have been noncomepetive. If you want wins, the Phillies are the team you want to play right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad