Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
What we need is team health, and Bryson Stott resurgence.
True. They need those things most of all. But they could also use another option out of the bullpen and a corner OF that can hit lefties.

Are these glaring holes? No. But when the margin of victory thins out in the playoffs, it's important to have your weaknesses shored up. Never deny a chance to improve your team

Last edited:
Reactions: SnS and Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This was a horrible game and series but if you ask any of us 3 and half months ago before the season started that they would have the best record in baseball, an 8.5 game lead in the division, and 6.5 for the top spot in the league, and on pace for 105 we all would have taken it. Barring catastrophic injuries they will win the division. The Braves have been .500 team since May 1st.
First home series loss since the opener. Insane.
They lost the series after that to the Reds, but that was over 3 months ago.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I was looking at Brody Brecht's 'stuff' and the Phillies in the past few years having success fixing the walk rates of college pitchers and thought he may have been the pick.

Seems a little weird to take a 20 year old who hasn't even been to college ball yet... but hey, who knows.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Just noticed the MLB draft is going on.
They just picked Dante Nori, older high school OF. Did he get held back 3 years? Turning 20 in October. Glove and speed guy. Hit tool is a 55 and power is 45.

Obviously not much to project physically since he's almost 20 but I guess if the hitting comes along he could be a nice player.

Born in Canada btw

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Turns 20 in October. I had two years of college baseball under my belt at the age this kid got drafted. :laugh:

They kinda deserve the benefit of the doubt on first round picks under Barber. Also depends if he’s under slot or not. Looks like he has plus bat speed too. Swing path probably needs work to unlock power.
Reading up on him it sounds like he's a pretty cerebral hitter so idk. Quick compact swing and smart enough to shorten up consistently with 2 strikes. This profile is so out of the ordinary I kind of just have to shrug my shoulders

f*** can he run tho

Reactions: FLYguy3911

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They kinda deserve the benefit of the doubt on first round picks under Barber. Also depends if he’s under slot or not. Looks like he has plus bat speed too. Swing path probably needs work to unlock power.

I have no opinion on the player. I’m just concerned that degree of difficulty is off the charts here. Michigan prep at 20 is a moon shot and a half.

(Obviously separate from the $.)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I have no opinion on the player. I’m just concerned that degree of difficulty is off the charts here. Michigan prep at 20 is a moon shot and a half.

(Obviously separate from the $.)
At the very least his speed and glove will play all around the outfield. There's glowing CF reviews for him out there...but you'd hope they see some sort of projectable hit tool somewhere.

I've never seen a draft profile so dull but moonshot-y at the same time. Crazy

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
At the very least his speed and glove will play all around the outfield. There's glowing CF reviews for him out there...but you'd hope they see some sort of projectable hit tool somewhere.

I've never seen a draft profile so dull but moonshot-y at the same time. Crazy

So, what's the upside and downside here? Upside, Rojas last season, downside, Rojas last postseason?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
So, what's the upside and downside here? Upside, Rojas last season, downside, Rojas last postseason?
I mean it doesn't seem like that's too outrageous. I'm not going to pretend I'm not doing anything more than theory crafting and pooling a bunch of scouting notes here though. It seems like he has a decent bat to ball floor though. No idea about his pop. Also impossible to project that kind of stuff out of high school outside of the obvious cases

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
1721047254635.png

Didn't have him ranked in the top 100. Their second pick, Griffin Burkholder, was #70 on Longenhagen's list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad