Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They hit so many HRs they can survive without RISP hits. But when they get them? Diluvian.

As much as they have a habit of scaring me with full counts and base runners late, this pitching didn’t lead baseball in WAR by accident. 1.39 ERA and 0.83 WHIP these playoffs. My word.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kerkering's sweeper:

86 mph
2950 spin rate
40 in of vertical drop
18.5 in of horizontal break

Jesus

41f582c6-d1e2-41a1-9715-ee93b3e12aac_text.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kerkering's sweeper:

86 mph
2950 spin rate
40 in of vertical drop
18.5 in of horizontal break

Jesus

Strider is healthy
Kerkering started the year in low A after college, they're "babying him" right now, preparing him in case they need him. Still inconsistent with that slider, some are unhittable, some less so. The FB is high velocity but not a lot of movement.

A few tweaks and we may be looking at our closer next year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Kerkering started the year in low A after college, they're "babying him" right now, preparing him in case they need him. Still inconsistent with that slider, some are unhittable, some less so. The FB is high velocity but not a lot of movement.

A few tweaks and we may be looking at our closer next year.
Its crazy to think that as good as things are now, we likely already have our future closer (Kerkering) and potential ace (Painter, assuming TJ worked, and there is little anymore to think that it didn't) in the fold. We are in the driver's seat to win back to back pennants, and its looking possible that we could have players in the fold already that make us as strong, if not possibly stronger in future years, especially if/when we bring Nola back.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its crazy to think that as good as things are now, we likely already have our future closer (Kerkering) and potential ace (Painter, assuming TJ worked, and there is little anymore to think that it didn't) in the fold. We are in the driver's seat to win back to back pennants, and its looking possible that we could have players in the fold already that make us as strong, if not possibly stronger in future years, especially if/when we bring Nola back.

Im hoping we are entering a stretch like the Red Sox had from 2004-2013. Ill happily take that.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Every year at this time I look up NLCS/ALCS/WS MVP’s. There sure are some odd winners. Like how the hell did Livan Hernandez get the WS MVP in 97? Great series entertainment wise, but he had an era in the 5’s

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Im hoping we are entering a stretch like the Red Sox had from 2004-2013. Ill happily take that.
I think the biggest similarity between the two teams is that they both had/have a locker room that was completely locked in to a common goal and resonated with the local fans. With the talent this team has, if they can keep this going, they really could run off a series of years where they're always in the mix.

Every year at this time I look up NLCS/ALCS/WS MVP’s. There sure are some odd winners. Like how the hell did Livan Hernandez get the WS MVP in 97? Great series entertainment wise, but he had an era in the 5’s
Or Steve Pearce winning WS MVP it for Boston in 2018. With all the guys they had at that time, it was the journeyman who just got hot at the right time who won it.

• Love
Reactions: Rebels57

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I think the biggest similarity between the two teams is that they both had/have a locker room that was completely locked in to a common goal and resonated with the local fans. With the talent this team has, if they can keep this going, they really could run off a series of years where they're always in the mix.

Or Steve Pearce winning WS MVP it for Boston in 2018. With all the guys they had at that time, it was the journeyman who just got hot at the right time who won it.
Lots of weird choices in short series where everyone puts up similar batting numbers and pitchers get ~1 start.

I guess it also depends if someone puts up big numbers in blowouts or losses vs a few clutch hits in big moments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad