Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2023 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I think the best way for the Phils to put themselves into position to win is to make Strider throw a lot of pitches. Work the counts, foul off a lot of balls. Even if it doesn't result in meaningful offense, if they can get his pitch count towards triple digits by the sixth/seventh inning, it bodes much better for the good guys.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Against Strider? Like this?

Strider has all his back muscles working properly this year

He won't be throwing 94 tomorrow.
I know Jack knows he was hurt last year. This post isn't directed towards anyone particular. But it is WILD how many people forget/didn't realize he was hurt last year. He also mowed them down in the first 2 innings of that game with his normal velo

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Atlanta's starting pitching situation seems a bit grim.
Kinda wished Kyle Wright kept 'pushing' through it cuz the Phillies lit him up twice in the last month. He obviously didn't have it and I doubt he would have been any better for a playoff start, just with a super short leash.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
A case could be made that Seager should win AL MVP. The Dodgers just keep losing player after player and it doesnt matter. They still will spit out 100 win teams. Would love for the Phillies to get to that point some day.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Strider has like a sub 2 era against the Phillies for his career. but his era in 1 less start against the Mets is over 5. He allowed 12 runs in 16 innings against them this year, baseball is funny. Even the Nationals have had better success against him.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Strider has like a sub 2 era against the Phillies for his career. but his era in 1 less start against the Mets is over 5. He allowed 12 runs in 16 innings against them this year, baseball is funny. Even the Nationals have had better success against him.
The pirates ripped him a time or 2 too. Like someone said a bit ago, he can blow up. He won't, but he can

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Tonight is really gonna be a tough one. However IF they win game 1, and yes it’s a huge if, I think the Phils shock the baseball world by going on to sweep the Braves.

I really like Wheeler and Nola on extended rest. That being said, I don’t think they are beating Strider in this series. It’s gonna come down to Wheeler on regular rest in game 5. f***, I’m gonna age a year over the next week.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The pirates ripped him a time or 2 too. Like someone said a bit ago, he can blow up. He won't, but he can
He obviously is a very talented pitcher but when he faces the Phillies he looks like prime Pedro. He isnt that good. Be interested to see how he pitches at CBP though, after him saying there should be no fans :laugh:. Even if he was partially joking or not, it's obviously in his mind.

Im more concerned with Ranger getting bombed, though the Braves changed their lineup for some reason.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Schwarber leads off with a homer and the Phils win in a drubbing

But really though it feels like real playoff baseball now. I think this series goes 5

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He obviously is a very talented pitcher but when he faces the Phillies he looks like prime Pedro. He isnt that good. Be interested to see how he pitches at CBP though, after him saying there should be no fans :laugh:. Even if he was partially joking or not, it's obviously in his mind.

Im more concerned with Ranger getting bombed, though the Braves changed their lineup for some reason.
I feel fine with Ranger for some reason. I'm not saying he'll soon a gem or anything, but he's always come up big in the big situations. I think he'll do enough to give them a chance.

Again all a hunch on my part. But the onus is going to be on the offense tonight for sure

Time for me to consume lots of alcohol and have no idea what is going on. I have a retro style light blue 2009 Cliff Lee shirt on.
I wish. I need my vices. But I have to work tonight

So like last week, there's a lot riding on this game for not just me but others around me. I could loving life or miserable by the start of my shift lol

• Haha
Reactions: Halladay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad