Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Not a good start to the postseason for some of the best relievers. Not to excuse them but I imagine coming out of the bullpen in a tight spot in the playoffs where every batter is digging in is stressful and can’t really be replicated in practice. There probably isn’t anything like it in sports mentally

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I fell into the trap of thinking Judge never played well in the playoffs but it’s not exactly the case. He’s put up numbers in the postseason earlier in his career but lately that just hasn’t been the case. You have to go back to 2019 for the last time he had a productive series at the plate.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Isnt that exactly what turner was supposed to be? High batting average...gets on base, steals bags...

He was supposed to be the consistent one, but hes been as streaky as any of them.
Till now Turner is a disapointment. I wanted him so bad, but he isnt really good defensively, he is not even solid the whole season. Offensively he is too streaky and isnt realiable in the important spots i saw him.

He needs to step up now in the postseason to earn his contract!

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
That’s what they employ. How many free swinging guys aren’t in their lineup? Like Schwarber & Stott? The latter which has sucked at the plate this year regardless.
wasnt Stott one of the hardest outs in Baseball 2 years from now? I remember his at bats were very long and he fault away 4 or 5 balls every at bat. And he was hitting pretty high average with singles and doubles.

I liked Stott a lot and was pretty confident in him being a allstar infielder for years to come?!

Do i remember that wrong?

But on the other side: "what do i know about baseball" ;D

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Nola has allowed a .416 opponent avg and a 1.1x ops over 29 career starts after resting for 6+ days. He's on 9 days rest today.

Uh oh

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Hitters have to be patient and take what they can get. It was night and day from the 6th inning on Sunday. That 9th inning 2 outs and then Turner and Harper walking is the approach they should have today. No easy outs.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wonder if Sosa starts over Stott at second today. The Mets don’t really have any lefties out of the pen so Stott could enter as soon as Manaea is out. Manaea kinda looks like hell to face as a lefty. I’d expect Hays over Marsh in left.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Hays has been so underwhelming since he's been here. Really hope if he plays he makes a positive impact

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I expect Nola to pitch fine, need to see if they can continue to hit like the last 4 innings and if the bullpen gets it together. If it become a bullpen game I still like the Phillies better than the Mets.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wonder if Sosa starts over Stott at second today. The Mets don’t really have any lefties out of the pen so Stott could enter as soon as Manaea is out. Manaea kinda looks like hell to face as a lefty. I’d expect Hays over Marsh in left.

I'd much rather see Weston Wilson than Hays, but I suspect it will be Hays since he is a better defender.

Also, every time you watch Austin Hays play, remember that the Mariners gave up three prospects outside of their top 10 for Arozarena.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hays does have a 167 wRC+ against lefties this year. This is the exact reason you traded for the guy. Wilson is up there too albeit with half the ABs. I'd probably trust the guy that has done it longer. Hays went into the last game over Wilson too.

They did put Wilson on the roster over Stevenson though so I'm sure they have something in mind for him (utility depth I'd imagine). Stevenson was better in AAA this year and would have give you another LHH who can play CF as a sub given NY's RH heavy pen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad