Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Bryce Harper's one of the most overrated players in sports. Tired of hearing how he's the heart & soul. He's a pampered self-centered spoiled brat.
I usually don't take the bait on things this stupid. But this is the most Pejorative Slured post I've seen in a long time.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I demand apologies btw

200w.gif

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Hoffman, Strahm and OK had such great years so I’m not sure to improve the bullpen unless it’s Thompson just not having the right feel for which reliever to put in.

The offense is more concerning and they seem to struggle to manufacture runs a lot in the postseason. Few guys that can work counts or come up with a slap hit in a crucial spot when the going is tough. It almost feels like an approach philosophy type of problem. When they are feasting everything is grand but they struggle to string together anything when the ball isn’t going boom

Still just the first game though but it makes game two a must win

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Mets gonna win the world series. Really don't want to see their owner win anything.

Theyll fizzle out. I cant see them beating these better teams in a 7 game series.

If this was a 7 game series id feel a lot more confident the phillies can turn it around...but a short series is gonna favor the hot team.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I still like their chances if they win game 2 but game 2 might as well be a game 7. The Phillies certainly can beat the Mets 3 times in a row but it is unlikely. Offense has to show up tomorrow and pitchers should be on tight leashes

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
See what kind of intestinal fortitude this team has. The last 13 winners have been down in a series at some point, many more than that before. See if they respond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad