Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
What’s the floor on the average MLB pitcher’s fast ball now a days? Like what 91-93 MPH? You were hard thrower like 20 years ago with that velocity at the MLB & that was closer to the higher end.

You got kids throwing that at the high school levels now a days if they’re a potential MLB player. I don’t know if the human body is just meant for throwing that hard anymore.
It's not. That's why everyone gets a new ligament after 7-10 years of it. Hell throwing overhand in general is terrible for your arm.

There's also the aspect of it might not be any more prevalent nowadays, it's just we have the technology to easily identify the UCL tears. I definitely think it's a combination of both

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
1000003527.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Magua

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Average fastball velocity for a starter last year was 93.9 and 94.5 for relievers. Ten years prior it was 92.3 and 93.9. Even going back to early in the millenium, it was a huge deal when a starter touched 95. Now we have guys sitting there. I remember when I was in high school and Jeremy Jeffress touched 100 and it was a huge deal. Now every first rounder pretty much does it. Some of that is the tracker improvements but also pitching and general biomechanical development has exploded. Velocity is only going to continue to get higher. We had a kid in college throwing f***ing 105 two years ago. :laugh:

The next advancement will be identifying which pitches and arm slots put the most stress on the elbow. I think there is some equipment that is starting to do it but we're in the infant stages.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I feel like I'm on crazy pills that Rojas can't even platoon.

You know who will never need TJ? Your boy, Aaron Nola. Even his elbow that one time he had issues was like, "Nah."

I don't know if we mentioned it breaking today that Bieber needs TJ too.
Now you've gone and done it.

Bieber said he's had pain for 2 seasons. Buddy what are you doing lol

Same with Loaisiga and Giolito. Eury Perez. All in the last few weeks

Reactions: Magua

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rates and Barrels was just talking about Bieber changing his breaking ball too. It was rolled up into the discussion about arm injuries.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The Phillies have a 90% chance at scoring with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. It's a marvel how they botch it almost every time

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Dusty Wathan is a really horrible 3B coach. Probably why Bryce ignores him and does what he thinks is best (which is almost certainly going to be a better idea than letting Dusty Wathan decide)

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It's been clear for 2 seasons already Nick should not be an everyday player. He should only play against lhp, the manager doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to do this though.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad