Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I’m honestly amazed there’s people out there that defend this jerkoff.

I would pay good money for a chance to kick his ass.

I’m honestly amazed there’s people out there that defend this jerkoff.

Some people have the contrarian gene. We've famously seen it here from two specific people. Anyone defending him is likely doing so because they don't want to conform to the popular opinion, even if it's clearly right.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Been a journeyman with a couple short stints in the majors. Pirates called him up from AAA due to injury

He came in to relieve Bailey Falter in a game against the Dodgers a couple days ago. He gave up 5 runs in the inning he pitched. That made his ERA on the season 45.00.

Once you get an ERA to 45.00 off of 1 inning of work it would seem to be pretty damn hard in your next outing to pitch an inning and somehow manage to RAISE that ERA. If you give 4 runs in 1 inning in your next game you lower your ERA. If you give up 5 runs in 1 inning in your next game, you stay at 45.00

Dude gave up 6 runs and raised his ERA to 49.50. BTW, Pirates manager (whom I don't bother to look-up the name of). What the hell kind of thought process is "Hmm, it's the 10th inning of a tie game. Let's throw out the crappy reliever who just gave up 5 runs in only appearance of the season"

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

MLB auctions got London Series game-used stuff up there. They know what they're going for showing off that Bryce Harper sweat :)

img-4228245-m.jpg

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Been a journeyman with a couple short stints in the majors. Pirates called him up from AAA due to injury

He came in to relieve Bailey Falter in a game against the Dodgers a couple days ago. He gave up 5 runs in the inning he pitched. That made his ERA on the season 45.00.

Once you get an ERA to 45.00 off of 1 inning of work it would seem to be pretty damn hard in your next outing to pitch an inning and somehow manage to RAISE that ERA. If you give 4 runs in 1 inning in your next game you lower your ERA. If you give up 5 runs in 1 inning in your next game, you stay at 45.00

Dude gave up 6 runs and raised his ERA to 49.50. BTW, Pirates manager (whom I don't bother to look-up the name of). What the hell kind of thought process is "Hmm, it's the 10th inning of a tie game. Let's throw out the crappy reliever who just gave up 5 runs in only appearance of the season"

It's the Pirates...

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Here's a big surprise. The Twins debuted there city connects, and they're.....

Blue! Can't believe it

Blue AND Yellow!

I would have to guess at this point some marketing data / A.I. decided on the color combination.

Nike needs to be abolished.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
JT has been our MVP so far IMO. This is going to really test the Phillies.

We need Turner back ASAP to fill that 2-hole spot in the lineup.

This is definitely going to be one of those seasons where we are never fully healthy for a solid stretch.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Marchan is healthy and up with the big club, so if we're going to crater the offense from C, you might as well do it with good defense. Scrubbs should be stabled to the pine

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wheeler comes onto the mound with a 1-0 lead and proceeds to throw meatballs to the first 4 batters. His issues pitching to Stubbs might be legit.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Going to have to dig deep missing JT.

Likely gonna see a Stubbs / Marchan alternating kind of thing.

Wonder if they’re actually actively looking for a LF to trade for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad