Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: Red October (2024 Edition)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The weakest came up weak today, then one of the best fumbles. Won't win much like that. Team would be in a golden spot if they could upgrade the bridge bullpen guys. Soto isn't it

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Florida reliever throws 4 innings yesterday and comes back and is throwing 4+ again today. Kid that sits mid 90s in currently sitting at 90. College coaches are the worst.
That's why stance for the last 30+ years has always been that a HS pitcher drafted by an MLB team and getting any kind of six figure signing bonus should go with the MLB team. You get the bonus and you get tuition reimbursement from the MLB college plan.

College coaches DO NOT GIVE A SHIT what happens to your arm. PERIOD. They care about their job.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm still mad.
This teams warts showed themselves today Soto, Nick, Rob's questionable bullpen management but they braves just lost 3/4 to the Nationals this weekend as they did a couple weeks ago. The phillies actually gained a game on them since Thursday. Would be a historic choke if the Phillies blow this division lead of 9 games.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
This teams warts showed themselves today Soto, Nick, Rob's questionable bullpen management but they braves just lost 3/4 to the Nationals this weekend as they did a couple weeks ago. The phillies actually gained a game on them since Thursday. Would be a historic choke if the Phillies blow this division lead of 9 games.
The franchise choked away a 6.5 game lead with 12 games to play. 9 game lead in June is nowhere near historic choke territory for them.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The franchise choked away a 6.5 game lead with 12 games to play. 9 game lead in June is nowhere near historic choke territory for them.
That was 60 years ago though. I would be very surpised if they dont win the division barring major injuries. Go look at the Braves offensive numbers since about May 1st or so. It isnt pretty. Plus Acuna is now out. The Phillies pitching is too good not get them over the line to me.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

Darren Fletcher should've been the play-by-play guy instead of Michael Kay. English voices were almost nonexistent in the broadcasts.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don’t think it’s wise to use the phrase “historic choke” in connection with the Phillies. Some of us were alive in 1964.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He later said the kid went to him and said he wanted to pitch but that’s where a coach should be an adult. It wasn’t even a must win game for them.
Every single competitor would say that. Obviously, not every coach would oblige. We don't need to do much analyzing to figure out which type of coaches would care and which wouldn't

Reactions: FLYguy3911

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Less than one year in, Adam Wainwright is my favorite color guy in decades. It can't be this hard to find knowledgeable people who don't hate the game they're selling.

Have you listened to Ben McDonald with the O’s. He is the best I’ve heard in a long time as well. Really knowledgeable, passionate and has a great “voice”

He is covering the college playoffs as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad