OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Sorry but how many times has J-Roll made fielding mistakes this year? I'm not sure but it can't be too many. In terms of fielding, he's one of the best in the league. I can tolerate his low batting average if he's giving us gold glove fielding.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Sorry but how many times has J-Roll made fielding mistakes this year? I'm not sure but it can't be too many. In terms of fielding, he's one of the best in the league. I can tolerate his low batting average if he's giving us gold glove fielding.

Agreed and I'll never say anything about a player trying to make something happen by stretching out a hit assuming the play is even remotely close, which it was. No one would say a word if that was Utley getting thrown out at third which he's done this year. Rollins is a good baseball player, I'm just not sure he's what this team needs right now but I'll reserve judgment until the start of next season in that.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Agreed and I'll never say anything about a player trying to make something happen by stretching out a hit assuming the play is even remotely close, which it was. No one would say a word if that was Utley getting thrown out at third which he's done this year. Rollins is a good baseball player, I'm just not sure he's what this team needs right now but I'll reserve judgment until the start of next season in that.

That's because Utley plays the game the right way, shows up on time and doesn't insult the fanbase. Rollins has no one but himself to blame for the magnifying glass he is under. People have a short fuse with him and it's 100 percent understandable.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That's because Utley plays the game the right way, shows up on time and doesn't insult the fanbase. Rollins has no one but himself to blame for the magnifying glass he is under. People have a short fuse with him and it's 100 percent understandable.

Rollins' personality & contract does him no favors. It's not like this is the first time he ever made a lackadaisical play either.

phlflyer1

Oct 16, 2007
South Jersey
I'll never say anything about a player trying to make something happen by stretching out a hit assuming the play is even remotely close, which it was.

For the most part, I agree with you 100%.

In Rollins case, however, his asinine comment about not waiving his no trade clause because he has team records to break has me questioning his judgements on even simple plays like that.

Maybe he tried to stretch that double into a triple because he is close to being the Phillies all time leader for triples? I'm not saying that is 100% the case as I haven't looked it up and don't really care to.

Whether it is a factor or not, Jimmy lost the benefit of the doubt with me when he made that selfish statement that shows he is a "me first" guy instead of putting the team first.

And this comes from a pretty big JRoll fan over the years.

Yes, he is still a respectable shortstop and his fielding is not a detriment to the team but I do think his attitude is part of the Phillies current problem.

I would bet the house that he is one of the teammates that Doc was referring to when he made the comment the other day about some players slacking off and not doing the things necessary to succeed.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The phils cut ties with the minor league pitching coach Gorman Heimueller. With the poor season from most of the minor league pitching staff, it shouldn't come as a surprise. Dube's contract is also up at the end of this season, will be interesting to see what they do there.

One pitching prospect that has generated some buzz this season is RHP Severino Gonzalez (A+), he had a big year in VSL, going to be very interesting to see how he handles AA next season. Another is RHP Drew Anderson (NY/Penn league) who was a 21st round pick but has back to back impressive seasons, next year should be a good test for him when he moves up to Lakewood (A-).

Last night they pulled LHP Adam Morgan (AAA) after he had some shoulder issues, not a good sign since he missed most of the season with the shoulder injury. Hopefully he can bounce back next year, as I want to see what he can in the majors, big fan of his before the injury.

Couple more days before the roster can expand. Should be interesting to see who they call up, perhaps Cesar Hernandez, Freddy Galvis, Cameron Rupp (injured but day to day, thumb), Mauricio Robles.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
They should shut down Brown at this point. Achilles injuries are very serious and there is no point in running him out there for these meaningless games.

Sep 19, 2008
@AndrewSiciliano 10:59 PM
RT Ken_Rosenthal: BREAKING: Dodgers get Michael Young from #Phillies

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Took long enough. He's been swinging a hot stick, maybe that was enough to squeak out a top 30 prospect lol.

John McDonald got traded to the Red Sox.

Today is essentially the deadline for those of you who weren't aware. You need to be on the roster before Sept. 1st to be eligible for playoffs.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Young to the Dodgers. I wish him well even though I hate the Dodgers. Always gave 100 %. I'll miss hearing the Beastie Boys during his walk to the plate.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Jon Heyman of CBS tweets:

phillies announce michael young and cash go to dodgers for lhp rob rasmussen
phils woulda been better off trading young to yanks july 31for rhp tommy kahnle. nyy offered to pay remaining salary 2.

I may never say this again, but I'll say it now... I agree with Heyman.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Kahnle's control problems are worse than Rasmussen's. And Rasmussen is still a SP at this point, so if/when he moves to the 'pen maybe his stuff will play up even more. Rasmussen was also rated the #7 prospect in the Marlins system before the 2012 season by BA, and they said he had the best slider in their system. I'd rather have him than Kahnle.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This team is trying to tank, no other reason to pull Hamels the way he was pitching and at 87 pitches. He has been on fire since June 1st. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad