Philadelphia Flyers only have one major individual award winner in the 21st century

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Sounds very modest for a team with such rich history.

The only major individual award winner in this century for the Flyers was Sean Couturier winning the Selke Trophy in 2020.

With the Flyers themselves not winning any SC this century, it’s been one tough for excitement timeframe for the Flyers fans.

To see how they stack against other teams:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Has to sting a bit here when Bobrovsky has more individual awards than entire Flyers organization and a cup on top of it

Flyer's handling of Bobrovsky was terrible at time and in hindsight was absurd

That trade IMO is the worst in Flyer's history (Anyone arguing Lindros trade ignores Lindros brought Flyers back to relevance and they got some good years out of him as one of the top players in NHL)

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
The Flyers are becoming the Maple Leafs of the U.S. The only headlines we see about them are obituaries for their long forgotten stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I look forward to the inevitable "is Michkov the greatest player in Philadelphia Flyers history?" thread after his first big scoring season, or maybe if he wins the Calder.

Reactions: DaveG and Voight

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
who cares about individual awards anyways? I mean they are fun but really who cares? there are so many great players in the league today so who cares if a team's players never wins anything. I mean shit Leafs got more individual awards than games won in a single playoff run. meaningless
True enough , but jersey sales , fan interest and morale can be boosted. Hard to think of a Cup winner that was all journeymen and not lead by star marquee players. Barkov, Tkachuk. Kucherov , Vasi. Eichel , Pietrangelo. Mack , Makar. Crosby, Malkin. Toews , Kane . Quick , Kopitar. All stars with hardware.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Columbus fan trying to deflect from their own team's disappointment?
It's right there in the chart, dude. This is one area where Columbus isn't anywhere near the worst since 2000. You could even argue they should be in the second row since they're tied with Winnipeg and come first alphabetically.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It's right there in the chart, dude. This is one area where Columbus isn't anywhere near the worst since 2000. You could even argue they should be in the second row since they're tied with Winnipeg and come first alphabetically.

Well, who am I to question the all-mighty chart?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad