Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
My man Brian Johnson needs to find his inner Mike Bobo tunnel screen to Devonta Smith. That would certainly keep that nickel honest.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
17 more points from Mahomes loses me my fantasy matchup. They can lose for all I care, I expect that. But don't lose me this matchup. At least give me SOMETHING positive out of this

Reactions: bennysflyers16

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
What happened to our great O-line? Are they just that much better on the run vs pass protection?

The Chiefs are waiting until very late in the play clock to show their hands and neither Hurts nor the line is handling them well. You might have seen me talking about Creepers and Stems.

Creeper means a defense in a base alignment sends a back 7 player and drops a down lineman. It's not a traditional blitz because the number of expected rushers doesn't change. Just their locations and angles. That means the QB and the OL both have to process that information well in a short amount of time.

Stems you'll also see called Stemming the Front, which describes what's happening much better. Essentially, it's a DL Shift. Sometime it's moving everyone over a Gap. Sometimes it's as signficant as moving from an Even to an Odd Front or vice versa.

These happen very late in clock and Spags is layering them fantastically. You'll see him using both on the same play. So the line may shift over a gap and then one of those guys ends up dropping while a DB blitzes like happened on the early Fumble. It's a lot to process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad