Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
This might be super "me" of me, but when everyone knows a defense is selling out on a run in a situation like that, why not give AJ a shot when it's a guaranteed 1 on 1? Seems like the perfect time to try to pull a fast one

No. We can't think. We must only yell to run the ball. If they chained Gainwell to a furnace and handed the ball off 40 times to Barkley out of the ethical I Formation, we'd achieve cold fusion inside of a month.

They don't throw enough Go balls tbh. It's Hurts' best throw. DeVonta's pretty good at them and AJB is of course otherworldly. Take the shots.

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
They had nothing whatsoever on the ground today and this is somehow still the takeaway for a large portion of the fanbase.

This is what I meant when I said the signing would poison all discussion.
I kind of thought that he'd be used more in the passing game, like texas routes and quick iso's on a LB.

To the naked eye it feels like it hasn't happened that often, though I could just be greedy.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

360 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
No. We can't think. We must only yell to run the ball. If they chained Gainwell to a furnace and handed the ball off 40 times to Barkley out of the ethical I Formation, we'd achieve cold fusion inside of a month.

They don't throw enough Go balls tbh. It's Hurts' best throw. DeVonta's pretty good at them and AJB is of course otherworldly. Take the shots.
It's literally the only throw that I don't have an aneurysm when I see it happen. But even then sometimes I'm like what is this arm strength.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
I kind of thought that he'd be used more in the passing game, like texas routes and quick iso's on a LB.

To the naked eye it feels like it hasn't happened that often, though I could just be greedy.

If you go back to the Great Screen Debates of the 2023 offseason, you'll see me say over and over again that the Eagles don't manufacture RB Catches because Hurts' legs replace most of those plays.

But yes, I would like to see more actual routes than just the Wheels. They've had some huge plays dialed up on those at least. There was the big TD and also the first play of the Tampa game was 70+ without the horrible miss of a throw.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

DeVonte is so good on those underneath routes too. I'm asking you this, not being a smartass

Is something like mesh (I'm just thinking of the most basic pick style play) really only something that works once a game? How can they not call his number more on drag routes where he just cuts off the line and runs past a bunch of LBs? It just seems like it's too easy. Is it not as easy as I'm thinking it is? Do they in fact run those types of concepts and I just don't see it? How does a defense defend someone like Smith against that

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
DeVonte is so good on those underneath routes too. I'm asking you this, not being a smartass

Is something like mesh (I'm just thinking of the most basic pick style play) really only something that works once a game? How can they not call his number more on drag routes where he just cuts off the line and runs past a bunch of LBs? It just seems like it's too easy. Is it not as easy as I'm thinking it is? Do they in fact run those types of concepts and I just don't see it? How does a defense defend someone like Smith against that

Everyone runs Mesh multiple times per game. This is a limit of the broadcast angle.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Would you rather have a RB who is steady or a RB that is a threat to break out a big run? I’ve always thought long plays can skew their stats but I can’t decide what’s better: 20 carries 100 yards, long of 80; or 20 carries 100 yards, long of 10

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Did they win? Yeah, and you don’t get points for style in the NFL.

But this was not confidence inspiring in the least. FFS, they actually made Deshaun Watson look good!

They aren’t being any decent teams playing like this. The Eagles look like an 8 to 9 win team and that’s the worst place to be. Oh well, it least it will be the end of the Sirianni era.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Browns have played some of the worst passing defenses in the league so far (the Eagles are one of them) & Watson still can’t get anything going.

DC has the husk of Wagner and a Sainristil who has the tools to be good but is a rookie. And nothing else. I'm not sure anyone else on their D would play for sure on any other team. And he somehow contrived a way to take 7 sacks and throw for 125.

Chinatown88

360 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
In some ways I’m sympathetic towards the guy because he’s being set up to take on the entire brunt of what’s wrong with this team while others skate by. But this type of stuff he does is clownish.
I can't cause as a member of the Howard Hater Homies all I see is a human meat shield, while Howard skirts by with no criticism for the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad