Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

Chinatown88

360 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Howie & Jalen should shoulder a lot of blame for this year along with Sirianni.
But they won't. The media may hold Hurts accountable but Howie won't get any criticism. He's sufficiently shielded himself with the perfect fall guys. I gotta go finish that email to Sam and Steve. This shit really needs to be brought to the forefront.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you go back to the Great Screen Debates of the 2023 offseason, you'll see me say over and over again that the Eagles don't manufacture RB Catches because Hurts' legs replace most of those plays.

But yes, I would like to see more actual routes than just the Wheels. They've had some huge plays dialed up on those at least. There was the big TD and also the first play of the Tampa game was 70+ without the horrible miss of a throw.
Moore is a disappointment so far. Expected far more creativity.

At least they've replaced a lot of RPOs with QB draws, b/c Hurts has power, not speed, so more effective running vertically than laterally.

Why aren't they using Barkley as a receiver more often? Get him on a slant or crossing pattern where DBs have to tackle him with a head of steam in the open field.

While Fangio was more aggressive, not sure the struggles were Desai or an obsolete scheme.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Moore is a disappointment so far. Expected far more creativity.

At least they've replaced a lot of RPOs with QB draws, b/c Hurts has power, not speed, so more effective running vertically than laterally.

Why aren't they using Barkley as a receiver more often? Get him on a slant or crossing pattern where DBs have to tackle him with a head of steam in the open field.

While Fangio was more aggressive, not sure the struggles were Desai or an obsolete scheme.

They’re not running less. No one in the NFL runs more RPOs than the Eagles. It’s kinda what the QB can do.

While we’re at it, the one team who has technically run more than them (but in one more Game) is the Ravens, who are one of the best offenses in football without a WR1. You can succeed running a ton of them! You just have to have other things too!

I’m also pretty sure they’re running less QB Draws than last year.

Last edited:

Chinatown88

360 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
They’re not running less. No one in the NFL runs more RPOs than the Eagles. It’s what the QB can do despite the millions of flowery words about how intangibles triumph over the darkness.

While we’re at it, the one team who has technically run more than them (but in one more Game) is the Ravens, who are one of the best offenses in football without a WR1.

I’m also pretty sure they’re running less QB Draws than last year.
What a convenient way to bring up Todd Monken again.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I finally found my hard drive with the file where someone meticulously synced up the Merrill + Mike audio with the SB52 tv broadcast. I thought that was gone forever. These two things are saving my sanity today.

That's too cool. In time, it will seem as if it was the default AV broadcast instead of a synch.

Detroit's going to hang a 40 burger on Dallas, aren't they? Anyone for 50?

Dear Burger King Commercial - NO ONE HOLDS THEIR HAMBURGER THAT WAY

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad