Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Its kind of amazing to go from playing at a high level for a couple seasons to sustained awfulness for a couple seasons. Like I could figure he'd be bad for a bit, shaking off the rust, and then we would see some level of improvement. 4 looks cooked AF. I feel bad for CLE, awful trade and awful signing.

It's hard to believe someone can be this mentally broken. Either develop some pride and do a good job or retire with your ridiculous sum of money and stop holding your team back

Reactions: trostol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lamar is one of the most puzzling evaluation processes I can remember. The people that thought he wasn't a 1st round QB said he ran all the time and didn't try to throw the ball. Then you put on the tape and I flat out thought he held the ball too much trying to make a play with his arm when the running lanes were there.

Hell, Petrino is a Oneback coach from decades ago. You have to be able to make reads to play in that offense.

It didn't get easier his rookie season when he got starts in the second half. He was not good. My in laws and I were talking about how he should backup another season to learn basically everything about the pro game. He looked liked a college player overwhelmed, and the kind of overwhelmed that doesn't get cured.

Then next season he was good. Ok then. Never mind all that prior stuff.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I have learned today that NFL defenses are allowed to get what's called a "turnover", where they the defense takes possession of the ball.

The eagles should really create a focus group to learn about this turnover thing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

You are not wrong. Very good OL. Good playcaller. Just doesn't matter.

Stefanski is taking some shrapnel there for this too. But I’m not convinced the guy is a bad coach. They picked up Flacco off the street last year & immediately turned around their team.

I’d bet to man amongst the coaches & players in that organization know that Watson ain’t it. But they’re saddled with him because the front office & ownership made a god awful deal.

Chinatown88

357 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Stefanski is taking some shrapnel there for this too. But I’m not convinced the guy is a bad coach. They picked up Flacco off the street last year & immediately turned around their team.

I’d bet to man amongst the coaches & players in that organization know that Watson ain’t it. But they’re saddled with him because the front office & ownership made a god awful deal.
If they fire Stefanski, I'd take him over cheerleader guy.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Look, there were some nifty highlights today, but the real #1 play was Nix trying to audible and his team was confused, so Maxx Crosby got out of his stance, walked towards him, and bellowed "BO SPEAK UP! THEY DONT f***ING KNOW!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad