Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I’m not sure how we blame Hurts for that loss. He did everything necessary to win except put together heroics that shouldn’t have been needed with 34 seconds left

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
you say that like it is a bad thing

I'd say that the guy they signed to fix a horribly broken linebacker group last season not being able to get on the field is a bad thing.

It's not even like ANYONE thought that was a decent signing. It's not hind sight. It's time to stop pretending that Howie is the greatest executive to ever live.

Oh, and CJGJ blows too

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I'd say that the guy they signed to fix a horribly broken linebacker group last season not being able to get on the field is a bad thing.

It's not even like ANYONE thought that was a decent signing. It's not hind sight. It's time to stop pretending that Howie is the greatest executive to ever live.

Oh, and CJGJ blows too
yeah if anyone was hoping Devin White was going to fix their LB problems..they are on some seriously good shit

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Ok, and the Falcons would still dummy the defense anyway? It's not like they were trying to stop them anyway
Time would have ran out before the falcons got in the end zone if the eagles run it on 3rd or take a knee at least going by the clock left and time remaining when falcons scored. Would have been close but ultimately they would have come up just short if they ran out the clock and didn’t take the risk of passing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Did it sound like this in person? I didn’t hear it, so I’m just going as written.

The throw was open. Hurts made the right call.
Throw to Barkley was on the money. He needs to make that catch. He's supposed to be a duo threat RB. If it was a fade to the back pylon, that's a different story, but the call worked as they got the look they wanted and Barkley was open and if he catches it, they knee out the clock.

Hurts did the same thing tonight he did vs Seattle last year. He got a big chunk run to their own 45 or something, then on the next play takes a deep shot to brown which was picked by Love. Again, needing a FG only at that point and some some time to get into range.

He has to learn to throw it away a couple of yards in front of his check down. 3 yards means nothing. Better to conserve the TO or clock with an incomplete pass. Live to play the next down.

Too much all or nothing with him in that sub 1 minute drill.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad