Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Holy shit I can't believe his shoulder is ok. I still absolutely hate Lamar for missing Flowers. That was the easiest throw in the world

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Don't like the Ravens OLine and it looks like it's a year where they have to break in the young lads. But I don't really like their young lads outside 1st round Jurgens. Literally forgot they had so much depth on defense they can scratch TJ Tampa and Issac. But maybe give Tez a shot at WR.

Spags got that Chiefs defense in line. FatMan has a new shiny toy at WR and it's probably only going to get more creative. Yeah these two teams draft well. And somehow the Chiefs are developing players on both sides of the ball well. Meanwhile the Ravens can't develop their offensive draft picks at the same rate.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't like the Ravens OLine and it looks like it's a year where they have to break in the young lads. But I don't really like their young lads outside 1st round Jurgens.
Did Rosengarten get subbed in for one play, give up a strip sack, and get pulled? :laugh:

Reactions: Chinatown88

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
How is that a late hit? Mahomes is still in bounds. My God does the league pamper the **** out of him.

The way they take care of QBs on the sidelines drives me nuts...

"They went for Mahomes legs knocking him out of bounds"...well, I mean, YEAH...he's an active runner at that point.

Reactions: orangey

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The Ravens did an exceptional job of bleeding the clock...too bad they were the ones that actually needed to score. They had no idea how to run a hurry-up. There were single digits on the playclock every time they hiked the ball

Reactions: trostol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't like the Ravens OLine and it looks like it's a year where they have to break in the young lads. But I don't really like their young lads outside 1st round Jurgens. Literally forgot they had so much depth on defense they can scratch TJ Tampa and Issac. But maybe give Tez a shot at WR.

Spags got that Chiefs defense in line. FatMan has a new shiny toy at WR and it's probably only going to get more creative. Yeah these two teams draft well. And somehow the Chiefs are developing players on both sides of the ball well. Meanwhile the Ravens can't develop their offensive draft picks at the same rate.

The formation design on their plays can't be so crucial that they couldn't say "everyone get in line." Just infinity penalties.

It's wild how the sum of KC's defense is so much higher than the individual parts. As a DC fan I've watched JDR lazily coach units to a sum well below their parts.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The formation design on their plays can't be so crucial that they couldn't say "everyone get in line." Just infinity penalties.

It's wild how the sum of KC's defense is so much higher than the individual parts. As a DC fan I've watched JDR lazily coach units to a sum well below their parts.
By "in line" I meant he developed their talent well. Maybe I shouldn't post at 7 in the morning before washing my face.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lamar reminds me so much of Vick pre-Reid.
Great athlete, but mechanics are so-so as is field awareness.
As a running QB he's exceptional, as a passing QB who runs, he ain't Steve Young.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Lamar reminds me so much of Vick pre-Reid.
Great athlete, but mechanics are so-so as is field awareness.
As a running QB he's exceptional, as a passing QB who runs, he ain't Steve Young.

People have been saying this since Louisville and it's never once been true. He ran a true progression offense even in college. It's backwards analysis -- run good, therefore pass bad.

Hell, people get this wrong about Hurts too. But Hurts is asked to do way less difficult things than Lamar is in the passing game. Or at least was. We have to see Hurts + Moore because that might change. I'm excited to see what it looks like tbh.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People have been saying this since Louisville and it's never once been true. He ran a true progression offense even in college. It's backwards analysis -- run good, therefore pass bad.

Hell, people get this wrong about Hurts too. But Hurts is asked to do way less difficult things than Lamar is in the passing game. Or at least was. We have to see Hurts + Moore because that might change. I'm excited to see what it looks like tbh.
Lamar throws a flat ball with a lot of velocity (similar to Vick) but I didn't see much touch.
Most of his successful plays are him buying time and firing a bullet (similar to early McNabb) to an open receiver.
But I don't see much progression in him as a QB over his career.

And his playoff record is similar to Vick, 6g 57.4%, 6.8 YPA.

I didn't like the RPO with Hurts because like Chip's offense, it worked until DCs got a lot of film, last year they were targeting Hurts and beating the hell out of him.

I reference Steve Young b/c that's how a QB with running skills should be used, develop a conventional passing offense around him, have him use his legs sporadically, designed runs a couple times a game to keep defenses honest, scrambling when the pocket breaks down to slow down a pass rush.

But if your QB is running 10-15 times a game, something is wrong with your offense.
[the tush push is different, b/c of Hurts physique, he's extremely efficient at it and it's not particularly dangerous]

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
If you leave time left for Mahomes, you're going to lose anyway. This was correct.
Not even at the end of the game, it was throughout the game. Down two possessions and the play clock was running down to three seconds every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad