Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
My 12 man PPR league draft...

• 1.4 Bijan Robinson
  • 2.9 Jaylen Waddle
  • 3.12 Drake London (3rd round keeper)
  • 4.9 Rachaad White
  • 5.12 Diontae Johnson (5th round keeper)
  • 6.12 Zay Flowers (6th round keeper)
  • 7.4 Jayden Daniels
(By this point, I filled out my main roster and was looking for later season/keeper value)
  • 8.9 Zack Moss
  • 8.11 Blake Corum
  • 10.9 Luke Musgrave
  • 11.4 Dontavyion Wicks
  • 12.9 Josh Palmer
  • 13.4 Deshaun Watson
  • 14.9 Ka'imi Fairbairn
  • 15.4 Cleveland Browns DEF

I'm pretty convinced Waddle, Daniels, and Johnson are going to have big years. Mostly convinced Palmer, Wicks, and Corum will have overperforming/breakout years, but depends on a few things.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unless I’m forgetting someone, White is the 3rd highest paid Off Ball LB since Howie took back over from Chip. And he’s only 3rd if you include Mychal Kendricks, who was paid when Chip was still here. Otherwise it’s Nigel Bradham and then White.

Yes, having a vet is a very Howie thing to do. No, he was not signed as just an insurance policy. It was an attempt to buy low and rehabilitate a guy’s career. I don’t think he was ever particularly good, but NFL teams sure did.
He's a great athlete, but lacks instincts.
However, Fangio likes those "A" gap blitzes, and White is perfect for that role, and running downhill to the ball.
But otherwise . . .

Problem with Dean and Trotter is size and athleticism, that can be improved, Edwards went from UDFA to nice contract by adding 10 lbs and getting quicker so he could use his instincts. Hopefully, Dean has made the same transition, and Trotter does next year.

VanSumeran to me is the wildcard, strange college career (bouncing between FB and LB) probably due to offensive skills (can actually run routes) but looked far better this August than last year - question is whether that upward trajectory can be sustained.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
He's a great athlete, but lacks instincts.
However, Fangio likes those "A" gap blitzes, and White is perfect for that role, and running downhill to the ball.
But otherwise . . .

Problem with Dean and Trotter is size and athleticism, that can be improved, Edwards went from UDFA to nice contract by adding 10 lbs and getting quicker so he could use his instincts. Hopefully, Dean has made the same transition, and Trotter does next year.

VanSumeran to me is the wildcard, strange college career (bouncing between FB and LB) probably due to offensive skills (can actually run routes) but looked far better this August than last year - question is whether that upward trajectory can be sustained.

Yep, unfortunately that’s about the only thing White can do. :laugh:

I don’t think anyone on last year’s defensive roster had a prayer. We’ll never know the depths of exactly what went wrong and where. I know I often push back against the idea of a tanking roster being a losing environment, but I do think they exist and that’s exactly what this half of the ball was to me last year. Whether I like the player or not, I'm throwing it away. Everyone starts fresh.

There is no single position in all of sports where I think experience matters more than Defensive Coordinator. The job is mostly two things — getting your players to immediately and predictably react on the fly and hitting back after the offensive play caller counters. Both scale with experience.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Our league is td heavy on pts, with bonus for distance. Picked 3rd of 8. Start 3 wrs,/tes. No mandatory te

L Jackson
Cj stroud
Bij Ribinson
J Gibbs
Z White
J Connor
Aj Brown
G Wilson
S Laporta
T Higgins
D Moore
C Godwin
J Elliot
J moody
Mia
CINN

stroud lasted long, and although I didn't need him, he was a value when I got him. Will need a qb week 12, when they both are off

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Unless I’m forgetting someone, White is the 3rd highest paid Off Ball LB since Howie took back over from Chip. And he’s only 3rd if you include Mychal Kendricks, who was paid when Chip was still here. Otherwise it’s Nigel Bradham and then White.

Yes, having a vet is a very Howie thing to do. No, he was not signed as just an insurance policy. It was an attempt to buy low and rehabilitate a guy’s career. I don’t think he was ever particularly good, but NFL teams sure did.
he had like..a solid season and a really good season with a PO run and that was pretty much it...helps he had David to help cover his f*** ups

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
he had like..a solid season and a really good season with a PO run and that was pretty much it...

He made some splashy plays, but he was still utter dogshit. From the broadcast angle, you don’t see just how often he was out of position in an attempt to make them. PA is a LB killer in general, but he may handle it the worst out of any starting level NFL player I have ever seen. It’s like faking out a dog.

I’m not the biggest on PFF grades. There’s no sense of the difficulty of the role you play baked into the system for example. It’s also more tricky for off ball LBs to suss out exactly what should have happened. But there is at least some semblance of truth to them. Here are his run defense grades:

YearGradeRank*
201946.981/100
202038.382/96
202128.291/94
202236.783/90
202330.987/89

He can rush the passer. That’s it.

helps he had David to help cover his f*** ups

YES

The most underrated player of his generation.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
He made some splashy plays, but he was still utter dogshit. From the broadcast angle, you don’t see just how often he was out of position in an attempt to make them. PA is a LB killer in general, but he may handle it the worst out of any starting level NFL player I have ever seen. It’s like faking out a dog.

I’m not the biggest on PFF grades. There’s no sense of the difficulty of the role you play baked into the system for example. It’s also more tricky for off ball LBs to suss out exactly what should have happened. But there is at least some semblance of truth to them. Here are his run defense grades:

YearGradeRank*
201946.981/100
202038.382/96
202128.291/94
202236.783/90
202330.987/89

He can rush the passer. That’s it.

YES

The most underrated player of his generation.
He was decent in the regard of rushing the passer..but he also often ran past...the passer and just sorta stood there lol

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Back when I was buying FF draft guides (I think the last time was when Brian Westbrook was a rookie), I would enter two leagues - one where I drafted purposely, guided by the "experts'" opinions and another where I went on auto-draft mode. I always did better in the latter scenario because I found myself "managing" that squad more actively, especially when ripping through the waiver wire.
that actually makes sense, I do feel like im overthinking or just pure biased when I do it on my own.

Reactions: Kermit the Prog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad